USB 3.0 with power off charging

Sahil_01
Sahil_01 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 20 in 2018 Archives

The USB port with power off charging capability has stopped working. It works fine when laptop is turned on. But it does not charge my other devices when laptop is turned off. I contacted support several times but they could not solve this problem. following are things I tried.

1.  In DEVICE MANAGER: Unchecking- "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" 

2. Refreshing the system wihtout affecting PC files.

3. Resetting BIOS

4. Updating BIOS

Please tell me how can I get my USB port working again.

Model Name: Acer Aspire V3_572G-54L9.

Answers

• Hi,

I Dont Find any computer could do it, When the unit is off there is no power supply to the mainboard, if that is the case how do you expect the USB to have power to get your other devcies to charge, may be you could have the System in Sleep to charge the other devices.
  • Sahil_01

Aspire.png

• Sahil_01

Yes I have tried that. Didn't work.

But there is one thing that you guys can help me with in resolving this issue. I have already tried to refresh my laptop which did not work.

Now I can try to restore to a system image. But I don't know if my data will be deleted or not. I don't have external disk to backup my data. So Please tell me if I can restore system without loosing data.

I keep my data in secondary partitions. C drive is for window and a few softwares only.

Thanks.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if you did a whole disk image, this will override everything, if you did a system image (only OS), you can use it to restore the C: to the state of the system image.

but....doing this without a backup of your files is not a good choice.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Alan-London
    Alan-London ACE Posts: 793 Pioneer

I must admit to being a little confused by your USB charging port issue.
    I can find no evidence that your model is equipped with this. I could be wrong of course and I accept that your picture indicates that it does (Amazon have been known to make errors!). However, the documentation that I have available makes no mention of this functionality. Of interest too is the absence of the 'Acer USB Charge Manager' for your model on the Acer downloads page. Do you have the charger port symbol on your USB port? I am assuming that Acer use common annotation across the range (this is from my M5). While I can get power from the port when unplugged and switched off, I can only do so when it is configured with this application.

• amanmrafi
    amanmrafi Member Posts: 4 New User
    Sahil_01 said:

The USB port with power off charging capability has stopped working. It works fine when laptop is turned on. But it does not charge my other devices when laptop is turned off. I contacted support several times but they could not solve this problem. following are things I tried.

1.  In DEVICE MANAGER: Unchecking- "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" 

2. Refreshing the system wihtout affecting PC files.

3. Resetting BIOS

4. Updating BIOS

Please tell me how can I get my USB port working again.

Model Name: Acer Aspire V3_572G-54L9.

Try This:
    Go to Start
    Select All Apps
    Select ACER
    Select ACER Quick Access from it
    There U will find Power-Off USB Charging.
    Turn it on. Done!
    Make sure I have USB 3.0 port with power off charging. It will have a logo usb on a battery.
    Hope this Helps.
    Thanks