Re: A500 tablet new user

mila-mila
mila-mila Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello there,
I am absolutely new to everything. If you don’t mind me starting with a question right away.
I have Acer A501 Tablet and I am very happy to have it. I am working on my book using also Acer mini laptop. The case of my tablet is also a keyboard. I can take my tablet and work on it outside my home but the problem is that I don’t know which software I can download that would behave just like Microsoft Word, to which I used.  I have heard that the Open Source document is very close to Microsoft Word and I even can save my document as any of the Microsoft Word versions. I need your advice on how to download this Open document to work well with Android software. I am not as proficient with all the gizmos and little computer tricks for at 66 I am well behind my 5-year-old granddaughter, shortly I am only a user. So, would you please give me step-by-step advice on how to solve my problem? Your help would be much appreciated. If you believe that there are better options instead of Open Document, please mention it. I tried Kingston Office, I think that what it was, and I did not feel comfortable use it. Would be it possible to send an answer to my email? That would be great! I feel a little bit silly among you guys, who probably could be my grandchildren.

Thank you,

[edited for privacy]

Answers

• BearPaw
    BearPaw Member Posts: 69 Troubleshooter

I'm not sure why you would find Kingsoft Office ( Now known as WPS office) to not do the trick to you. It closely resembles MS Office)

If your looking for simplicity try the program called AbiWord. Its very light on file size and very portable. Its simple to the core  Smiley Happy

• mila-mila
    mila-mila Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you Jason. I am going to try it. Woman Happy

This discussion has been closed.