Need a little help

Drumguy10
Drumguy10 Member Posts: 3 New User

Where do i post a technical question involving not being able to get windows to boot even in safe mode?

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi Drumguy10

Here is the best place!

What problems are you having exactly? Do you get to the Acer logo or is your screen blank? Does it try to load Windows (and fail)? Do you get any error messages?

Post back with more info, and I'll see if I can help!

• Drumguy10

Windows 7 on an Acer X3910 base model, I have no added memory or changed any of the hardware, it is as I bought it.

I start the boot and it gives me the options to run a repair program (which will not load) or to start normally and it sticks at the logo screen. I have tried booting in safe mode and it gets stuck when loading the driver CLASSPNP.SYS.

I've tried rebooting with all the peripherals (mouse speakers etc.) unplugged.

I unforunately don't have the discs for the OS as it was preinstalled when I got the machine.

At this point I have no idea whether it's a hardware problem or a software problem but as of right now this thing is doing NOTHING but frustrating me.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,  Kevin

• Drumguy10

Oh I have also trying running from Last known good configuration  again  no good.

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

It could be either a software or hardware problem!

If the repair program won't run, then you can still re-install Windows from the recovery partition. Restart your PC & as soon as you see the Acer logo, press ALT & F10 - this will start the recovery process. Just remember that you'll lose all data on the hard drive.

Once Windows has finished installing, you can make your own recovery disks by going to Start>All Programs>Acer>Acer eRecovery Management and click "Create Factory Default Disk".

Let us know how you get on!

• kbweller
    kbweller Member Posts: 1 New User

I have connected my laptop to an HDTV. All is fine but I have one problem. The display on my TV is about an inch too far to the right. I have a black strip on the left.  How can I adjust the display so it is centered in the TV screen? I think there is a way to drag the display so it can be centered but I cannot find it.

This discussion has been closed.