Logging in to my Acer My Account.

Options
thebignin
thebignin Member Posts: 7 New User

I realise this is more a nusiance than a major problem but when I try to log into My Acer Account on the web page for Acer it says my email address or password is wrong, well I know its not, so I have to dig out the origional email from when I registered my pooter and use the link on this, as I say more a nusiance than problem, except that I don't use outlook or other email programs and I read my mail direct from the server, which is o.k  but I am considering changeing provider so will lose access to these old emails, so if anyone knows of a solution or workround I would appreciate you letting me know

Best Answer

• thebignin
    Answer ✓
    Options

UPDATE:::

Spent a lot of time trying various things and have discovered that if I tick keep me signed in I can acces the account from most places, I know you are going to say thats obvious, but thats not exactly what I wanted to do for the obvious securtiy reasons, but here on my home computer I guess its not such a problem.

As to the other question of retrieving mail from old server I have followed sons suggestion of reinstating my old hotmail now windows Live account and sending all must keep mails there, I have a ditty little program that backs up mail from outlook/outlook express and windows Live, favourites and settings, so have backed up these important mails to a stick so if I need them I can restore and forward them to the new provider server.

Yes it took a little time to do it but better safe than sorry, maybe someday someone clever will write another ditty little program that will let us back up our mail direct from the server, yea, right like thats ever going to happen as I don't see any provider allowing that, can you see gmail or yahoo saying yes, neither can I as they know they have us by the neck if we want to move on, happily at this point I have a work round that could work for you too.

I realise that this idea has probably been put forward before in many forums in many guises, but for those of us who are not up on or techy enough to understand the big words I offer it as a soloution.

Answers

• thebignin
    Answer ✓
    Options

UPDATE:::

Spent a lot of time trying various things and have discovered that if I tick keep me signed in I can acces the account from most places, I know you are going to say thats obvious, but thats not exactly what I wanted to do for the obvious securtiy reasons, but here on my home computer I guess its not such a problem.

As to the other question of retrieving mail from old server I have followed sons suggestion of reinstating my old hotmail now windows Live account and sending all must keep mails there, I have a ditty little program that backs up mail from outlook/outlook express and windows Live, favourites and settings, so have backed up these important mails to a stick so if I need them I can restore and forward them to the new provider server.

Yes it took a little time to do it but better safe than sorry, maybe someday someone clever will write another ditty little program that will let us back up our mail direct from the server, yea, right like thats ever going to happen as I don't see any provider allowing that, can you see gmail or yahoo saying yes, neither can I as they know they have us by the neck if we want to move on, happily at this point I have a work round that could work for you too.

I realise that this idea has probably been put forward before in many forums in many guises, but for those of us who are not up on or techy enough to understand the big words I offer it as a soloution.

This discussion has been closed.