Is it possible to downgrade an Aspire V5-571p from Windows 8 to Windows 7

1020 Member Posts: 3 New User

Is it possible to downgrade an Aspire V5-571p from Windows 8 to Windows 7?
I recently bought an Aspire V5-571p and found out that business software I need is not supported on Windows 8.
Is it possible to buy a copy of Windows 7 and load it onto my laptop, does the laptops hardware support Windows 7?

Thank you.

Answers

P.S. I tried searching the support site but was unable to find any Windows 7 drivers.

• ryanfisher614
    ryanfisher614 Member Posts: 5 New User

I havent tried this, but hope this solves your problem: http://www.wikihow.com/Downgrade-Windows-8-to-Windows-7

Let us know if this works.

• I would advise against trying the method described in wikihow. It simply will not work!
    No mention has been made of 'Secure Boot' or the need to disable it (without which, you will be denied access to install a new OS). Nor has the question of passwords (particularly HDD) been discussed.

I would suggest you search the forum for detail of 'downgrading'. There is a wealth of information here. If you read all you can find here, you should avoid a number of pitfalls.

To clarify, I know how to install a new OS from scratch.
    But what I'm trying to find out before hand is if this specific model of laptop is compatible with Windows 7, meaning will I end up having difficulties due to not having compatible drivers for the hardware.

• nacora
    nacora Member Posts: 2 New User

NO , definately NO , the forums are filled with people including me having large issues with the Intel driver , everything else is ok but reinstalling the ("*"?=%&ç) win8 will give you problems too Smiley Happy

What happens is the display gives you a fuzzy image with double of everything , the only thing to be able to use the **bleep** thing is to go back to generic vga drivers.....

beleive me i have tried so far over 14 different intel driverswith the exact same result .

Why those idiots at acer dont accept we are buying their computers , not the windows operating system ??? what if I want linux or something else ???? Why FORCE us to use the worst windows EVER ????? It is made by and for idiots period .

So to conclude my dear friend DO NOT downgrade or you will be stuck like many of us (check all the forums) with generic vga .

NEVER AGAIN ACER

• nacora
    nacora Member Posts: 2 New User

OHHHH I forgot one more small thing , after only 2 months the ()/)&%//( computer stopped charging the battery !!!!!!

In switzerland if you send it in for repairs you will be without the computer for at least 5-8 weeks (been there done that) so you just accept the grrrrrr thing to be used only on the power outlet....

DO NOT BUY THIS MODEL

This discussion has been closed.