I would like to upgrade my hd from 320 gb to 1 TB in my desktop aspilre M3100 what is the best HD t

papag38
papag38 Member Posts: 5 New User

I have run out of space on my 320 GB HD and would like to upgrade to a 1 TB hard drive in order to restore the speed

in my aspire desktop M3100. What is the best HD to get and how difficult is it to transfer all the info to the new hard

drive

Best Answer

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Transferring your data isn't difficult, but if you don't have the tools, it gets much harder. A local repair should should be able to do it pretty quick and easily.

As far as a HDD goes. Western Digital seems to be one of the more widely used and accepted. Of course there are hundreds of maked and models from other vendors.  

Answers

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Transferring your data isn't difficult, but if you don't have the tools, it gets much harder. A local repair should should be able to do it pretty quick and easily.

As far as a HDD goes. Western Digital seems to be one of the more widely used and accepted. Of course there are hundreds of maked and models from other vendors.  

• papag38
    papag38 Member Posts: 5 New User

Sounds easy enohgh will get some local help with the project. Thanks Smiley Very Happy

This discussion has been closed.