Hi Folks. HELP ME!!!!

thatjim
thatjim Member Posts: 3 New User

I an new to this forum but I need help.  I cannot access my user account on my computer (I'm using the guest profile now).  It unfortunately was the only one with adminisration capability so that stops most of what I do.  Ity also has my iTunes so I would really rather not have to reset to factory settings.  Can anyone help me?

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

What operating system are you using?

• thatjim

Windows-I think 7.

• Ryanrr

Thank you for the information. As for your situation, if you have forgotten your admin password the only suggestion I can suggest is a restore to factory defaults with recovery media or Alt- F10 at first boot when you see the splash screen. This will erase all your data and information. There is no other way to retrieve your Admin password if you did not set a hint or know your password.

• thatjim

I know my password.  I just get a message that login failed.

• Ryanrr

The only thing I found that might be related to your problem as described is this following Microsoft KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215.

If that does not work or solve your issue another option would be to visit this article Fix a corrupted user profile.

However, if all else fails then you would have to perform a factory restore.

This discussion has been closed.