Hello all, Is there anyway to upgrade my graphics card and add more ram to an Acer Aspire 7741Z-5731

Mullaman
Mullaman Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Saw no laptop selections posted to check. Here"s the problem. I have a 2007 model laptop that i truly love (17.3' screen) and have had no problems with, until it became unable  to keep up with online gaming (Worldof Warcrat) Any clue if i can upgrade graphics card and add more memory to this model. I truly do not want to use a desktop. I have one i can upgrade, but its just not mobile...I have update all drivers also. Please just dont tell me get over it, buy new machine. $ is a super issue at this time too...Thank You for your time, DM

Answers

• Hello,

About memory, this model supports up to 8Gb (OS 64 bits):

KN.4GB09.001 - SODIMM 4GB DDR3-1333 ELP LF

KN.4GB0B.010 - SODIMM 4GB DDR3-1333 SAM LF

The Intel graphic card is integrated.

France
  • Mullaman
    Mullaman Member Posts: 3 New User

so with the graphics card intergraded into mother board, no way to upgrade it? So there is extra memory slot but not one for a stand alone graphics card? Thats sad  as my only other option is too upgrade a year older Compac desktop ugghhh...Wish there was some way for external graphics card! I"m a gamer and mobile so dragging a desktop around doesnt really appeal to me...Maybe some Acer expert techs would/could do surgery on my machine just to prove it can be done and show ACER's comentment to user loyalty and maybe get PR out the deal Smiley Happy Thank You, Dustin, ACER LOVER

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]