DVD Playback Software Alternatives

AlanH
AlanH Member Posts: 27 New User

I am in the process of setting up a new Acer Aspire T3-600. I uninstalled the Acer Media program because I didn't want to deal with cloud storage, so now I need an alternative DVD playback program.  Does anybody have a suggestion for a reasonably priced DVD playback program for this computer?  I'd rather stay away from VLC or other perhaps-not-legal software, but I don't want to spend $50 or more just to play back the occasional DVD. 

The Acer/Gateway windows 8 machines I bought had more conventional DVD playback software.  I wish I could find something more like that . . .

Best Answer

• tinalee
    tinalee Member Posts: 38 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓

Hi AlanH, I usually use Acer Media as a video player to play video, music and DVD can be likewise played by this, you might have a try.

If you have uninstalled this app, you could check if you could find Acer eRecovery Management and see if the application can be recovered.

Answers

• tinalee
    tinalee Member Posts: 38 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓

Hi AlanH, I usually use Acer Media as a video player to play video, music and DVD can be likewise played by this, you might have a try.

If you have uninstalled this app, you could check if you could find Acer eRecovery Management and see if the application can be recovered.

• AlanH
    AlanH Member Posts: 27 New User

Thanks for the suggestion.  I reinstalled the Acer media program and figured out where to turn off the cloud and network sharing parts.  It works fine.  I was mainly concerned that the cloud and network connections might take up too many resources when the program wasn't running, as I also sometimes use the computer for sound recording and can't afford any hiccups from other processes.

As a side note, I did try VLC but uninstalled it.  It worked fine, but the Acer software does have clearer video.

• Fov
    Fov Member Posts: 26 New User

Hi AlanH, don't worry about the problem of Acer Media taking up resources. Actually, it's just a player and manager no matter whether you use this to play video, music or manage them. In my experience, it only occupies little resources.

This discussion has been closed.