Can't turn on wireless network adapter / Acer Aspire 5750

wirelessfrust
wirelessfrust Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Acer Aspire 5750. Recently, wireless connection has been spotty on my computer. Phone and other laptops in household work normal using our Wifi.

On my Acer, there is the F3 button that you're supposed to press with the Function button to enable/disable wireless. Unfortunately, that key and other keys on one side of the laptop are broken. So I use a wireless keyboard, that doesn't have that F3 wireless button.

Problem is I can't turn "on" the wireless function on my computer. There is no small switch on the external body of the laptop. Every time I tried to connect to my Wifi, I get a notice that it couldn't connect and to reset my network adapter. The network adapter Intel Centrino Advanced N6205 is enabled when I check the Device Manager. Says it's working normal. Without pressing the F3 button function, I can't find/get to that screen to enable the Wifi.

Any help would be awesome. Thanks so much.

Answers

• sathya0403
    sathya0403 ACE Posts: 586 Pioneer
    Hi,
    Based on your input, it seems that the Wifi is enabled, to cross check the same you could get to Network & Sharing Centre > Adapter settings,.
    1; How Far are you from AP?
    2; Do you see available networks?.