Can eRecovery reinstall Windows 7

Ethana945
Ethana945 Member Posts: 18 New User

I just got a new harddrive, but I need to reinstall Windows 7 on my Acer laptop. Can eRecovery reinstall Windows 7?

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Yes, you can use eRecovery disc that you have created or purchased from Acer store to restote your computer. It will install the Operating System, all the pre-installed Software and the drivers of your system.

Click the Kudos  to say “Thanks” for helping!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Yes, you can use eRecovery disc that you have created or purchased from Acer store to restote your computer. It will install the Operating System, all the pre-installed Software and the drivers of your system.

Click the Kudos  to say “Thanks” for helping!
  • ChrisR
    ChrisR Member Posts: 3 New User

Can eRecovery reinstall Windows 7 if the OEM op system provided was Vista?

I'm looking to do a complete reinstall of the Windows 7 op sys on my Acer Aspire

I bought an Aspire 4-6 years ago from Future Shop here in Toronto Canada - it came with Windows 7 upgrade to the operating system. I've misplaced the Win 7 Upgrade disk to Home x64 and the code for the Win 7 install.

• Ramatamtam
    Ramatamtam Member Posts: 1 New User

Will the eRecovery disc work if the eRecovery files on the computer itself don't work?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

Ramatamtam wrote:

Will the eRecovery disc work if the eRecovery files on the computer itself don't work?

Yes, but as with Chris' it will take you back to the original build. In their case it was to Vista, requiring a manual update to the Windows 7 they wanted.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.