Aspire V3-772G Won't fully shut down (Windows 8.1 does)

Auberon
Auberon Member Posts: 6 New User

Hello!

Recently, my laptop won't fully shutdown anymore.

Windows 8.1 will fully shut down and the screen will go black (as normal).

Then, the HDD will stop spinning and the ventilator SHOULD stop spinning.

But this last step doesn't happen. The vent keeps spinning (slightly, barely hearable) and the LEDS (power button, wifi indicator, power source indicator,..) remain lit.

Ocassionaly, the laptop will shut down after about five minutes. But in the past it shut down instantly.

It always sends a shiver through my spine when I have to force shut down my laptop by holding the power button.

For a second problem and maybe less ACER-related:

My Internet connection will constantly drop, although I stay connected to the (wireless) network.

Internet is either extremely slow or drops fully. Very annoying when a stable connection is needed (streaming, Skype, the occasional game...). Other (non-acer) computers/tablets/... on the network do not have this problem.

I would provide additional information with what I've tried so far but I have no idea where to start (such odd problems?) and I couldn't find any users in the ACER community with any of these problems and by extension no-one on the Internet.

EDIT: I've found someone with the exact same wifi problem as mine.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/Internet-problems-aspire-M5-583p/m-p/237728

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Auberon

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi..Smiley Happy

There has been some new updated driver released for windows 8.1 for this model. You may check the drivers and install the latest drivers.
    You need to check if you have a Intel  v 10.18.3316 or nvidia v 9.18.13.2762 display adapter driver  and update the  latest driver.
    In the same way if you have Qualcomm Atheros as wireless adapter chekc if you have driver version 10.0.276.
    Press and hold the Window logo key and tap X on your keyboard to open device manager.
    Right click on expand display or network adapter, right click on name of the listed adapter and select properties to check the driver version.
    You may also check if the system is updated with latest version of BIOS update V1.13
    Press the Windows (Image: icon_Windows8_key.png) key + X, select Run, and then type msinfo32 and hit the Enter key.
    In the System Information window, click System Summary and locate your current BIOS Version/Date to the right.
  • Auberon

Sharanji.

Thanks for your response and the reminder for updating my drivers (few updates including the ones you mentioned were available). However they did not fix any of my problems.

I have found out my laptop will eventually shutdown after a relatively long time (not ocasionnaly as mentioned before).

But it shouldn't take 5 minutes for my vent to shut down right.

Thanks.

• Auberon

Duplicate message (network problems eh)

please ignore this post.

This discussion has been closed.