Acer Portal Error - Can't Sign In

VinceyKapincey
VinceyKapincey Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi There,

I am using a V5-571G laptop and I recently updated my Acer Portal to the latest version. Ever since this update I've been getting this error:

I've checked my password and account name, and I have been able to login using them on the AcerBYOC website.

Updates are all checked, nothing to install, although a minor issue is showing up in the Live Updater program.

Also, Acer Portal updates ALWAYS disconnect, despite me having FULL internet connection

I'm running Windows 8.1, and my laptop has been to repair before.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Best Answer

• Honeybee
    Honeybee Member Posts: 50 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓

Hi VinceyKapincey,

Could you please try to connect to another network to make sure the issue will show again? If you still get the error message, you can uninstall all abApps, Acer Portal and AOP Framework. Then go to https://www.cloud.acer.com/ops/downloads to download and install them again.

Answers

• Honeybee
    Answer ✓

Hi VinceyKapincey,

Could you please try to connect to another network to make sure the issue will show again? If you still get the error message, you can uninstall all abApps, Acer Portal and AOP Framework. Then go to https://www.cloud.acer.com/ops/downloads to download and install them again.

• caligati
    caligati Member Posts: 2 New User
    I did this twice. Get same error. Signed into acer cloud just not apps or portal.
  • caligati
    caligati Member Posts: 2 New User
    None of my acer byoc will allow me to log in. I'm just uninstalling them completely. Plenty of other software that works. Sorry I even bought th V5. Slowest computer I ever owned.
  • Honeybee

Hi caligati:

I am also using the Acer BYOC apps and I can sign in the Acer ID. I think you can download the app you want to use and then try to sign in. If you still can not sign in the Acer ID, you can send feedback to contact the Acer BYOC apps team.