Acer Media software won't play DVDs

Harthill72
Harthill72 Member Posts: 3 New User

I have a brand new V3 772G running Windows 8.1 but the Acer Media app won't play DVDs.

It recognises the disc but only shows the file breakdown. I can select and play the copyright warning but nothing else?

Any help?

Thanks.

Answers

• hdatx
    hdatx Member Posts: 40 Troubleshooter

Get another DVD/media application.  try the DVD/CD in other unit check which software you are running in the spare/test pc if it runs duplicate on your unit.  Versions, compatibility problems may cause this.

• Harthill72

Does that mean Acer Media doesn't work on Windows 8.1? I find that hard to believe.

I'm using the bundled Media software as I don't want to pay $100 for the Windows Media upgrade, surely Acer bundle software that works?

I just need to find out why mine isn't working yet and fix it.

Any help is very much appreciated.

• Honeybee
    Honeybee Member Posts: 50 Troubleshooter

Hi, I think you can change another DVD for a try, or try to another DVD player? That may confirm where the issue from.

• Harthill72

I've tried several discs, the player just won't play them.

Does anyone have any way to attempt to isolate/fix the problem with Acer Media instead of just 'use something else'?

Anyone?

• yuckily
    yuckily Member Posts: 22 New User

Did you also only see the copyright warning when you played other discs? If yes, suggest you to use Help/Send Feedback on Acer Media top menu to contact support service. I used to contact the support service and got a quick reply. Hope it’s helpful.

This discussion has been closed.