ACER VERSION VISTA HOME BASIC(SP2) DOES NOT ACCEPT IE9

miguel69
miguel69 Member Posts: 54 New User

My ACER EXTENSA 5230 w/Vista home basic SP1 (updated to SP2) does not accept the update from IE8 to IE9. The system processes the update but when I try to run IE9, on the first page load it goes into a constant loop of error/reload page/error/reload page filling the screen with tabs.  I have tried all the options to reset IE to get rid of the error to no avail and finally have to uninstall the update, reload IE8 and block any attempts by windows update to reinstall IE9. Since IE8 is now classified as an 'end of life' program I fear that at some point any program that is based on IE (e.g. SECUNIA PSI is a script that runs under IE and I have to bypass several alerts that 'a script is causing IE to run slowly, abort script?') will be updated to a point that will not allow it to run under IE8.

Answers

• Alan-London
    Alan-London ACE Posts: 793 Pioneer

IE9 requires a number of prerequisites for a successful install.
    Check this page to determine if your problem is addressed there:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2399238

• miguel69
    miguel69 Member Posts: 54 New User

the article you mentioned did not help, these files  apparently are already installed as they came back as not required, here is a screen shot of the error loop.  when you click 'close program'(cerrar programa) it does not close but loops back to the same with the address bar text getting longer and longer.

this happens on the very first run of IE9 when what you should get is the 'first run' screen of 'welcome to IE9'.

now I will have to do a system rollback to return to IE8. again.

IE9-error-screen.jpg

This discussion has been closed.