one of my card slots stopped working..it says '''slot 2 no sim card detected""

keligh
keligh Member Posts: 11 New User

i went on holiday and one of my cards went on to roaming..but it not allow me phone out so i tuck the card out and put it back in thinking that would fix it..but now my phone will not reconize the card in the card slot..says '''slot 2 no sim detected''..but if i put the same sim card into slot 1 it works..(the problem why my card was not working was i was registered in roming to the wrong network)

is this an issue where my phone will have to go to repair or can the phone repair itself... i see there is a sim tool kit in the apps..will this fix it

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

you can transfer files from internal to external using your PC, connecting via USB and copy/paste them

or

using the default File Manger on your phone, long press to select files and then choose copy, browse to the external SD card and select copy.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly

please write:

model

build number (system settings/about phone)

did you try to switch SIMs on both slots and slot 2 gives you always no SIM card?

• keligh

thanks for fast answer

ACER_AV052_E380_1.016.00_EMEA_GEN1

i have swoped both cards around and slot 2 will not work with any of the sims...but slot1 will work for both sims

when u put a sim in the phone its asks you do you like the name of the sim or you want change it...i may have pressed change sim name on slot2...but that should not make any difference....or maybe it does...

i just dont want my phone in for repair...

• IronFly

The only thing that you can try is to do a factory reset, you will loose all your personal data not synced with google account.

system settings/backup&reset/factory reset

if the issue persist....you need a warranty repair.

• keligh

last thing i want is a factory reset..had to do a reset last month and i lost my photos....how can i download all my info to my external SD card...i specially need keep some videos that i know are on the internal SD card....

next stop i think is the repair shop...they only ever seen 1 acer liquid and thats mine...

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

you can transfer files from internal to external using your PC, connecting via USB and copy/paste them

or

using the default File Manger on your phone, long press to select files and then choose copy, browse to the external SD card and select copy.

• keligh

i got to get someone to do it for me....i dont want lose info...

anyway thanks....i off to the warrenty shop....i know the first thing they will do is a reset...but i wont have my phone for 2 weeks at least...they must be seen to have a complex problem and do somnething i could not have done...but a reset is a reset...ha ha ha ha

This discussion has been closed.