Update to android 4.4

proteck
proteck Member Posts: 3 New User

Will Acer Liquid E2 be updatable to a new version of android?

Answers

• dutchgenerall
    dutchgenerall Member Posts: 9 New User

i hope so Smiley Tongue

i think that the sales will go up !!

• satyadroid89
    satyadroid89 Member Posts: 1 New User
    yeesss I think acer have update that because look from review spec...
  • dutchgenerall

huh? i do not understand ?

• dorumanda
    dorumanda Member Posts: 2 New User

I think it will get at most 4.3.

They have the cloudmobile S500 still at 4.1.2 and i think this was the last upgrade.

Cheers.

• dutchgenerall

then ACER will be always a "B" label Smiley Sad so sad

also cheers !

• dorumanda
    dorumanda Member Posts: 2 New User

YES.

The sad part is that ACER doesn't have an update plan like Samsung,LG etc.,we all have to hope for an upgrade or buy another phone.

• SyShade
    SyShade Member Posts: 1 New User
    if they wannt to compete whith the big guys samsung, sony htc and not be just another cheap phone making company they need to support their products whith the latest updates, follow samsung ffs they are updating 3yrs phone whith the latest os's and acer is not doing this for a phone whith medium-high specs les than 1year old this shows that they dont care about their customers and only for the money this will be somthing that defines premium from avarage, better buy a device that has support more than a year frome a known company than a high spec device that never gets the latest software. Come on acer show us your supporters that u care and keep ur devices up to date
  • mrrog
    mrrog Member Posts: 42 New User

Acer support have told me they will not be upgrading the e2 duo to 4.4, i didnt ask about 4.3.

But we shouldnt forget how ***** acer support is, they probably havent got a clue and just saying whats easiest for them, but somehow i still doubt they will take this phone further.

Nexus or motorola for me next time, pity because i like this phone.

• gofury
    gofury Member Posts: 4 New User
    I wish they could atleast do 4.3.... Ohwell
  • WillL
    WillL Member Posts: 121 Troubleshooter
    Can't understand why Acer are not going to update this, given it is still advertised on their site. Shame really as this is a reasonable phone. As others have said, won't be buying an Acer phone again if no 4.4 and may just pick up a Moto G as that can be had for £99.
  • WillL
  • dutchgenerall

hi willL,

motto G got no sd extention Smiley Sad

• WillL
    What does that mean, you can't use SD cards? That isn't a big problem for me. But does it have the limited install space the E2 has?
  • dutchgenerall

Yes no SD card possible.

The Moto G has a 4.5 inch screen with 1280x720 pixels, below is the Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC 400 shelters consisting of four cores with a clock frequency of 1.2 GHz.

The G in Moto 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB or 16 GB of storage.

The 2070 mAh Battery should provide sufficient capacity to maintain the whole. Approximately One Working Day.

• mrrog
    Moto g gota be the best value phone on the market, so unless your a big gamer or want to watch a lot of video on your phone i reckon its the one to buy
  • Hawk_eye
    Hawk_eye Member Posts: 3 New User
    That is pants i've got this phone on a 2yr contract, its a shame they won't do anything with the partioned memory
  • JamesE2Duo
    JamesE2Duo Member Posts: 9 New User

The Acer Liqud E3 is due to launch in April 2014 and it will start off with Android 4.2.2 before getting an upgrade to 4.4 Kitkat.

I don't think that the E2 is going to get anything beyond 4.2.2...

• dutchgenerall

you never know.

maybe the same 1,2 ghz quad-core SoC but 4,7-inch IPS-paneel met 1280 bij 720 res.

the a port is possible to our E2 Smiley Tongue

• mrrog
    Yeah, i get the same, and how do you get 'sufficient priveliges'?
  • dutchgenerall

if we give each other kudos
    maybe then Smiley LOL

wel and can you get there now? i kudo bom'd you Smiley Happy

This discussion has been closed.