Liquid Z5 won't poweron

lroyb
lroyb Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives

hi all

My lad has got a liquid z150 but it won't power on either plugged in or not. is there anyway to force a system reboot. as usually I'd let the battery drain or remove it, but as I'm unable to get it to power up, or remove the battery those aren't an option.

Please help

Best Answer

• lroyb
    Answer ✓

It has now booted up and is charging

Answers

• lroyb
    Answer ✓

It has now booted up and is charging

• izuru
    izuru Member Posts: 2 New User

may i know how sir? cause the same thing happen to me and it's 

• lroyb
    I left the phone unplugged over night (make sure at least 24 hours have passed) I then plugged it into my laptop (any device that has a usb socket that can output 5v should suffice) I then held the volume up button and then pressed and held the power button while keeping the volume up button pressed in. After about 5 seconds of holding them in the phone vibrated and the blue led changed to red and the phone displayed the charging battery notification on the screen. After about 10 minutes I turned the phone on as normal and it's worked fine ever since.

I hope that the solution that worked for me, also works for you.

Lee :-)
  • izuru
    izuru Member Posts: 2 New User

thank you very much for your hardwork... i will make sure to try it out...may god bless u

• mosez529_tetz
    mosez529_tetz Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi, same thing hapended to my z5. How di you repair your phone?

• lroyb
    Hi.

Try holding in the vol up botton and pressing the power button for anything upto 5 seconds.

Hopefully, that should kick the phone into booting. if the battery is dead and in need of charging plug it in, and wait for the charging light to go red. Then proceed.

Regards
    Lee

p.s. let me know if it works for you
  • mosez529_tetz
    mosez529_tetz Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thanks. I sent it to acer last jy 9 for repair, I just hope it can be fixed as soon as possible. I'm a bit disappointed with the phone.
  • lroyb

Hi

It would seem that this problem is quite common for the acer liquid smartphone family.

Hopefully they'll be able to repair the phone for you.

Please let me know if they are able to fully repair the fault, just in case it happens again.

Regards

Lee :-)

• lakky
    lakky Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi i have the same problem here i hold the volume up button and the lock button and when it showќс the boot menu i have 3 option to select recovery mode, fastboot mode and normal boot then i click on anyone and click the volume down and it won;t poweron ... also at one moment it show's me the charching battery as it should but it wont start again .. btw my battery was full when this starts

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

lakky wrote:

Hi i have the same problem here i hold the volume up button and the lock button and when it showќс the boot menu i have 3 option to select recovery mode, fastboot mode and normal boot then i click on anyone and click the volume down and it won;t poweron ... also at one moment it show's me the charching battery as it should but it wont start again .. btw my battery was full when this starts

Time to call Acer support service.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • lroyb
    If you are able to get into the recovery menu, then it sounds like you will need to restore your phone to factory settings using the recovery mode. Using the volume keys navigate to that potion and press the power button to activate that option. If it is still doing that then download the latest firmware from Acer support and follow the instructions on reflashing the firmware.
    From the info you gave it sounds like a problem with the boot system. A recovery boot or reflashing the firmware should fix that issue.
  • lroyb
    If you are able to get into the recovery menu, then it sounds like you will need to restore your phone to factory settings using the recovery mode. Using the volume keys navigate to that potion and press the power button to activate that option. If it is still doing that then download the latest firmware from Acer support and follow the instructions on reflashing the firmware.From the info you gave it sounds like a problem with the boot system. A recovery boot or reflashing the firmware should fix that issue.
  • lroyb
    Plz be aware, doing either of the 2 methods above WILL ERASE any pictures/videos etc
  • gautamrao
    gautamrao Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi there, I have recently been a victim to the same problem where my phone has been in use for over a month now and it died last night due to just a flat battery.

However, this time as I plugged the charger in it would not turn on but continues to show the blue LED, I have tried the same plugging it into my laptop but alas, same situation.

I have tried the method you spoke of by holding the volume up button while holding the power button in as well, but nothing seems to be happening regardless of how long I hold them in.

Please do help if possible as I do require the use of the phone constantly on a day to day basis.

• IronFly

No solution at the moment.

You need to contact your seller or Acer support service.

• lihoro
    lihoro Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi guys, I am also having the same problem with my acer z150, it cant power on. the light is blue. i tried holding the power and volume up button nothing seems to work.

please help!!!!!

• IronFly

No solution at the moment.

You need to contact your seller or Acer support service.

• rj-najera
    rj-najera Member Posts: 11 New User
    Sorry for all who has this problem , i had it many times before, the phone just sucks! I did the process explained before (let the battery drain overnight then plug it to PC etc) this errors in the phone will damage the OS in many different ways but it seems that Acer doesn't really care , they really won't do anything to solve this problem, the phone is not stable and they won't release an update , people like we are spending money for a product that doesn't even worth it , is not fair for the consumer who keeps this brand moving on, we know that refund is not a word in the Acer dictionary but at least an update or at least, I pray Acer to be sure their products really works before selling them , making all tests possible so that Acer moderators doesn't have to erase comments or ban people just like me ...
  • BkkBob
    BkkBob Member Posts: 1 New User
    1. Press and hold the Power key + Volume key for 12 seconds.
    2. When you see the LCD screen go to black, Release the keys immediately. The device will reboot.

Note: If you see a menu, select Normal Boot by using the Volume Up key to highlight Normal Boot, then press the Volume Down key to select and reboot.

• eka
    eka Member Posts: 3 New User

hello Mr. I tried your advice but nothing happen. my phone is still off. I cant get to open it. what can I do? Thank you.