Liquid Z3 (Z130)

Rantrile
Rantrile Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I find many issues with Acer Liquid Z3 I have recently bought.

1. No manual on the acer's site.

2. The driver for USB tethering while working on Win7 is not working on Windows XP.

3. A-GPS is not working. (I have tried it on two Z3 phones).

4. Z3 is not even existing on Acer's website. Prior to buying I wanted to find the specs on the acer's site and it's not listed as it's product.

5. Speaker out loudness is too low. How can I increase?

6. In addition it being not loud I get everytime a reminder after I plug in in-ear that the high volume can damage my years. Ok, I really got this point. How can I make it stop showing it to me please?

Answers

• sheriffy
    sheriffy Member Posts: 2 New User

3. A-GPS is not working. (I have tried it on two Z3 phones).

Is the GPS not working or the assist part ? (satellite data download from internet)

I have my eyes on this phone, but gps is a must and could you check if it really has an e-compass ?

You can check this with apps like GPS status or Layar.

I now have an Acer Z2 and although acer says on the site that it has an e-compass it has not. Many apps do not work because there is no e-compass. After contacting Acer support they admitted that the Z2 has no ecompass and it would be removed from the site but it is still there. (after many weeks) On advice of acer helpdesk i even had the phone send for repair and had to miss my phone for 4 weeks and pay for the shipping. I think this is very misleading.

Now this acer Z3 looks promising for me, and agian the e-compass is mentioned in the specs on several websites, specs on the acer website are not yet there but they are no guarantee for the menitoned specs.

So could you please check if the e-compass is in there or not ?

• Rantrile

Ok, I'll check for you.

I would not recommend you to buy z3. It seems Acer is not a responsible company in regards to smart phones. It sells without posting first the specs on their website.

The video capture is not of good quality and requires lot of light. Photos are not sharp if there is any movement.

But the biggest disappointment is sound volume. It is certfied by DTS and so I expect that at least in the sound category it will be superb, same as Nokia's phone that got Carl Zeiss lenz produce great photos. Yet, the volume is too low, even when connected via a sensitive in-ear headphone. And, if that is not enough, on top of that, every time when you want to increase a volume from 30% up it will show you a warning about damaging your hearing and ask you to press ok.

Common. Would you buy a TV that will interupt you while you increase the volume with warning and requiring you to press ok? Without option to turn such "useful" feature off? And everytime when you disconnect headphone it drops the volume to the 30% as if to finish you on this issue. I written about that to DTS and it still remains unanswered.

• Rantrile

I revoke the issue of AGPS. It is indeed working, though takes long time.

I have checked about e-compass using GPS Status program at play.google.com. It says: Magnitic field: NOT AVAILABLE. So I guess there is no E-compass on Z130.

• AlexZ130
    AlexZ130 Member Posts: 2 New User

Upgrade to Android 4.3

I like my small z130. Gps takes some time, but after some time it works. Then works great with Runtastic and my Pebble smart watch. I only just ordered their bluetooth heart rate monitor but it only works with Android 4.3.

So when upgrade from 4.2 to 4.3? If have sim only so can upgrade myself to 4.3 Android?

• rabuzen
    rabuzen Member Posts: 1 New User

help me for hard reset acer liquid z3 please? [edited for privacy].. thanks before.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

to hard reset you need to enter recovery mode or do a factory reseet, it will delete ALL YOUR DATA.

Hard reset - factory reset:

1) go to system settings

2) backup & reset

3) Factory reset

Hard reset - recovery mode 

1) power off device

2) press VOL+ and power button

3) select recovery from menu

4) it will appear a screen with "NO command" 

5) press Power button

6) select wipe data/factory reset

7) when wipe is complete, reboot

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • almurik
    almurik Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi everyone

I have bought this phone two days ago.

- Does this model have illuminated the menu keys (three buttons under the screen)? If so, how the backlight turn on?
    - I can not find the menu Withhold ID

Thank you in advance for your help

ps. sorry for the english -> translator google + my path Smiley Happy
  • IronFly

Hi,

no softtouch backlight.

i don't understand what is "withhold ID".

• almurik

"no softtouch backlight." - This means that there is no led under those buttons ?

withhold ID - I was thinking of hiding my telephone number. So if i'm call someone it will be shown as "unknown". My operator provides such possibility, however, is the first phone that does not have this feature in menu (or i can't find it).

• IronFly

Yes, no led on buttons.

Yes, you can hide your ID.
    Open the phone caller, tap on settings/voice call/additional settings

Now choose the SIM to hide the number and tap on the relative setting.

• almurik

Thank you for your help. That's it.

• westobe
    westobe Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello everybody,

I cannot download on my mobile phone Acer Z3 the offline languages packages from Google translate. Downloads starts and some time later it says "download failed". The similar situation is about downloading of the offline maps for navigation. It says "extracting application data" and it's stuck. Do you have  any idea what it could be? Thanks in advance!

• IronFly
    How many free space is available on your Z3?
  • westobe
    westobe Member Posts: 2 New User

31 GB external memory card and 1.5 GB internal storage

• stanicamihai
    stanicamihai Member Posts: 1 New User

I have bought a Z3 a month ago and already the speaker out si not working....anyone know what could be the problem?

• IronFly

You can try a factory reset to see if it's a software issue, if the speaker still not works is an hardware issue and need to be sent to Acer service.

Factory reset: system settings/backup & reset/ Factory data reset

• WErin
    WErin Member Posts: 1 New User

how do I turn off autocorrect. It is driving me batty , I have to confirm every word i type. very annoying. i.e. everytime I type "Is" it automatically (oh so helpfully) thinks I want to spell Israel.  Not helpful!

• IronFly

settings/input&language

click on the right icon of your choosen keyboard

tap auto-correction->OFF

but probably you are referring to suggestions, so like auto-correction, type on it and set it off.

• Tegan453
    Tegan453 Member Posts: 2 New User
    My Acer liquid z3 on system update its keeps coming up status 400 unavailable try agin later do you know how to fix it
  • IronFly

Tegan453 wrote:
    My Acer liquid z3 on system update its keeps coming up status 400 unavailable try agin later do you know how to fix it

If you force the manual check, the phone tries to contact old Acer update servers, those servers are out of service now and give you that 400 error.

if you set automatic check and let the system check, it will contact new Acer update servers.

by the way, you can find some updates here:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/4889;-;Z130

select the OS tab