Flip to wake not working on my E380 after ticking the option and rebboting

Aardvark
Aardvark Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi all,

New E380 owner. I have enables flip to wake in the settings and yet even after a restart it still does not wake on flip. Any ideas on how this is meant to work? Thanks

Answers

• WillL
    WillL Member Posts: 121 Troubleshooter
    Doesn't work for me either which suggests it doesn't work for anyone. I have the dual SIM model, do you have the same?
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

just checked mine, not working too.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • WillL
    WillL Member Posts: 121 Troubleshooter
    Hopefully fixed in the 4.4 release (which hopefully will also be on the dual SIM version!)
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

WillL wrote:
    Hopefully fixed in the 4.4 release (which hopefully will also be on the dual SIM version!)

it will be for Dual SIM too for sure.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Aardvark

Thanks to WillL and IronFly for speedy response and making me fee listened to.

I have the low spec single sim version with little memory and I have put in an 8GB mini SD card which mounted fine. I needed a new phone as my old Samsung Desire S after two batteries and 5 years of hard labour was struggling to find any kind of signal from phone to sat to internet.

I toyed with buying outright and had my finger set to hit the button but my son found me a great 2 year contract at just £2 month more than my sim only deal and so I got it through contract. The big advantage to me is that I can use my minutes and data when abroad and it comes from my standard allowance. I am not allowed to tether outside the UK tho'

I look forward to the new version, I think I am on 4.2.2 at the moment.

• Aardvark

I have just had an email from Acer asking me if I am happy with the replies.

I shall only mark this as solved once the fix is in place and working. Thanks to all who have offered advce but this is far from solved and I feel the email from Acer shows very poor customer service and respect. Consider this as remaining unsolved and unfixed. i will ay that the community here stands above the support that acer has demonstrated so thanks guys and gals.

This discussion has been closed.