E350 android.process.acore has stopped

nerc008
nerc008 Member Posts: 4 New User

Have tried factory reset and deleting apps that I could, but still no success (have backed up and removed SD card)

Not confident that factory reset does what it says since it asks me to delete user data but does not ask to do to full reset - each time there are still some of my apps loaded, which does not sound like a full factory reset

Lots of apps seem to depend on this process incl Contacts without which phone is unusable for me !!!!!

I am surprised that this prob was first reported in 2009 (not on Acer I might add) and there seems to be no generic resolution in Android itself over the years thought it seems that HTC may have a resolution for their devices

Any help appreciated

Answers

• Inspiration101
    Inspiration101 Member Posts: 185 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi Nerc,

Have you tried updating the operating system ? I see on the Acer support/download site that there are new versions of OS being released and this could maybe resolve your problem.

• nerc008

thanks for suggestion

Only thing is that lots of processes and apps keep crashing (contacts, Exchange, Android Assistant ....)

At moment am trying recovery, which has taken 1 hour+ so far with no indication apart from rotating ball in an Android image

Will wait and see

• nerc008

Have on many occasions tried factory reset , both from settings and from reboot with vol+ pressed

On each occasion, it goes through the motions, but on reboot all my 'own-loaded' apps are still there

This phone is now unusable due to repeated process crashes which cause Google app crashes etcetera Smiley Sad

Can someone now advise me what to do. I believe it is still under guarantee but since my son bought it for me as a gift in a different country (UK and I am in France) I would prefer to deal with Acer direct:-)

• nerc008

Have been in contact with acer.fr who will accept for repair

This discussion has been closed.