Acer S500 Cloudmobile just goes dead

Barbus13
Barbus13 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi guys. New to the forum, great to be here. I bought a S500 about two weeks ago from the Expansys website in the UK. The first week was spend updating all the playstore apps and then I did a software update (250mb) to android 4.1.2. And started copying music and movie files to the SD card (8Gig). Since last night the phone just switches itself off, completely, and only way of starting it up is by removing the battery and then pressing the power button, just pressing the power button when off, has no reaction whatsoever. It has happened twice now, with battery at almost 90% and now at 50-60%. I had the "power saving option" enabled, and due to South Africa's weak network coverage, the wifi is never on but the mobile data option is on.

Any suggestions/ advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Answers

• bogdanvoi
    bogdanvoi Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same scenario.

The battery is charged 80% or 60% at night and in the morning the phone is dead.

If I press the power button it doesn't start. All I have to do is to remove the battery and put it back on. Then, when I press the power button it starts to boot.

It is the third time I send it to Warranty service and they told me that the defect doesn't confirm.

What should I do? Is there a monitoring application like as the Performance Tab from Windows Task Manager to see when the phone crashes and what could be the cause?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Did you try to discharge the battery around 5-10%, power off the phone, take out the battery for about 1 minute, put the battery back and connect the charger without power ON the phone?
    Let it charge overnight and then power ON
    I'm not an Acer employee.
This discussion has been closed.