Acer Liquid Gallant Duo E350 freezes

azanulbizar
azanulbizar Member Posts: 11 New User

Last week I bought an Acer Liquid Gallant Duo E350. The phone is nice, but there is a problem: the phone freezes in games, in applications, when taking photos, etc. To make the phone working again, I have to remove the battery. What could be causing this problem? The phone itself, Android, or else? Thank you.

Answers

• acero2013
    acero2013 Member Posts: 36 New User

Hi azanulbizar

Have you had this problem since the first time you switched on your phone, or did it appear after using it for some time?

Have you tried to do a factory reset? (settings > backup & reset > factory reset).

Thanks

• azanulbizar

Hi, i have done a factory reset today, and now i wait to see what is going on.

• azanulbizar

i have done a factory reset. still freezes Smiley Frustrated

• acero2013

Hi azanulbizar,

Did you see this problem straight after doing a factory reset?

Thanks

• azanulbizar

no. after 2 or 3 days

• acero2013

Hello azanulbizar,

Did you install any applications on the device during these 2 or 3 days?

Did you receive any system updates during these 2 or 3 days?

If you can think of anything else that happened during these days, that could have led to this kind of behaviour, please can you let me know.

Thanks

acero 2013

• azanulbizar

Yes my friend, I installed some applications on the phone. System updates? I dont think so. But I do not think is a problem from applications because I tried to take a picture and again the phone has freeze, and I have to remove the battery... Thak you.

• legrospascal
    legrospascal Member Posts: 23 New User

Hi Azanulbizar

I have exactly the same problem with a liquid 110, I ma afraid it is a general problem with acer products

• azanulbizar

Hi Legropascal, unfortunately I live in Eastern Europe, and the phone I ordered online from the UK. The warranty of the phone seems to be a problem for me. Maybe reinstall the Android would solve the problem?

• legrospascal

The warranty seems to be a problem in France too, I don't know how to reinstall android on this phone

• acero2013

Hi azanulbizar,

Please could you let me know in which country do you live? 

Also, please could you let me know the build version on your device? (settings >about phone>Acer SW version)?

Thanks

acero2013

• azanulbizar

Yes, of course. I live in Romania. I can not find Acer SW version. I find only this: Acer Android version is Acer_AV041_E350_1.000.22_EMEA_FR. Android version 4.0.3. Kernel version 3.0.13. Baseband version Acer_AV041_MT6575_E350_1.000.22. Is this ok?

Thanks

• azanulbizar

@legropascal Maybe we can ask help from http://www.modaco.com/index ?

• acero2013

Hi azanulbizar

please can you try to update your device with a different software for the E350 Duo, which can be downloaded from the link below?

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/OS/OS/OS_Acer_E350.1.000.18.EMEA.FR_A40I_A.zip?acerid=634867515506070799&Step1=Smartphone&Step2=Liquid Gallant&Step3=E350&OS=a09&LC=fr&BC=Acer&SC=EMEA_13

after updating your device, please do NOT install any system updates.

if you have any problems to update or any other questions please let me know.

please can you try this software for a few days and let me know how it works.

thanks

acero 2013

• azanulbizar

Ok, i will update my phone with this software, but i want to tell you that for 5-6 days, my phone work well and does not freeze. Why? I have no ideea. Thank you for your help. I will get back to you if i have problems. (Excuse my english)

• legrospascal

Hello,

thnak you for help

• acero2013

Hi legrospascal,

I have seen that you raised an issue in a different post and I replied back. I'm not sure if you have the same phone model as azanulbizar. Please could you have a look at my reply and let me know your comments?

Thanks

acero2013

This discussion has been closed.