Acer Liquid E700 problem when playing music in car

airstrike2014
airstrike2014 Member Posts: 26 New User

Whenever I connect my acer e700 to my car to play music inside the car, the music seems to stop , then I manually play it again, then it stops again. So I returned the phone and got a replacement hoping the problem would be fixed but still the same thing happened (Im using the pre installed music player btw)

At first I thought it was my cord (connecting the phone to the car) to pla the music, but the problem is not the cord since my old samsung y duos plays music in the car with no stopping or problems at all.

I also tried downloading a free music player (JET AUDIO) , it seemed to decrease the stopping of the music but some songs still stop when being played in the car.

Any thoughts on why this is happening? My opinion  is that this phone , the Acer Liquid E700, (I mean all models of this) is partly defective and cant play music hen connected the car smoothly wihtout stopping.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Your build version?

settings/about phone

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • airstrike2014

ACER_AV0K0_39_1.019.00_AAP_GEN1

• IronFly

Are you using an audio cable from the heapdhone plug?

file format?

• airstrike2014

1. Not sure what you mean but we bought this and asked for a cable that can connect out phones to play music in the car, but if you mean "does it connect to the headphone jack" then yes

2. mp3

• IronFly

ok, perfect.

let me try tomorrow when i will have an E700 available.

• airstrike2014

Thanks I appreciate it .

• IronFly

ok, tested and worked without issues.

i used Google Play Music, it's already installed on the E700, used some MP3.

i really don't know what can be the issue on your system, maybe some short contact or something related to a bug on headphone plug.

• airstrike2014

I see good for you. I tried that built in google app to play the music but that seemed to produce many pausing problems. So I downloaded a free app JetAudio and now only 2 songs seem to pause from time to time. I cant say that the connector or cable is the problem because when I connect my Samsung Duos , it plays well, no pauses. Anyway thanks for trying it. Too bad I still cant fix this .

• IronFly

The only thing that i can suggest you, just to narrow things, is to do a factory reset but you will loose all your personal data, so backup it first.

settings/backup&reset/factory reset

then try again to play music.

• airstrike2014

When I restore factory settings will I lose my

Downloaded apps? Like Viber, skype..

and Phone Contacts?

• airstrike2014

Will restoring factory setting delete my

1.Phone contacts?

2. Downloaded apps like Viber and Skype?

• IronFly

Yes  both
    But...if you synced your phone with a google account, after the first data connection, it will download all your contacts and google play installed applications.

• airstrike2014

Done with factory reset and backed it up before doing it. But my saved apps (games, etc) in my account didnt automatically download again but it shows there. Should I just manually download it again? Contacts are saved btw so its ok.

Also what antivirus  and battery saver app do you recommend?

Im using Cleaner master for antivirus and Battery doctor for battery saving app

• IronFly

Download the applications manually, sometimes can happen that doesn't start automatically.

no battery saver and no anti-virus, since E700 has a big battery and good optimisation, anti-virus is not needed if don't install untrusted applications.

• airstrike2014

Im sorry I just need to clarify what do you mean by E700 has "good optimization"? I cant find a battery saving mode pre installed in my E700, unlike my friends Lenovo phone wherein he can just press "Battery saving mode" etc...

• IronFly
    Yes, there is no option for battery saving but if kernel is well patched and optimized, you don't need extra options.
  • airstrike2014

So I dont really need a battery saving app? Sorry for so many questions

• IronFly
    Not in my opinion but you can try one and check if it improves your battery life.
  • airstrike2014

Even though my problem wasnt solved at all (still having the same problem now), I appreciate you trying to help. Thanks anyway.

• IronFly

A new update is coming 1.022, let's see if this will fix your issue.

very strange issue, since you are the only reporting.