Acer Liquid E700 other languages ( greek) than the only 12 installed

costaslalas
costaslalas Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Is there a way to use greek language in Liquid E700. There are only 12 languages when all other mobile phones offers almost all the languages?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    You can't add other system languages, this must be done by the manufacter.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • costaslalas
    costaslalas Member Posts: 2 New User

is it possible to add other system languages in a future update for acer e700?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

It depends if Acer want to add it or not.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • cmvrgr
    cmvrgr Member Posts: 12 New User

it is ridiculous not to support Greek or any other languages. Even cheap phones from china support more languages.

• AcerLiquidE700
    AcerLiquidE700 Member Posts: 1 New User

There is a partial opportunity the most of the programs to use your language.

Unfortunately the Acer's settings menu did not use standard strings, so it will not be changed.

Install "morelocale 2" via Play Store, Open it and add (+) desired language and country and confirm.

Program needs ROOT rights. But depending of where you bought it, some shops cancels warranty if rooted.
    Some people (with other phones) said that without root is also possible via PC and "USB debbuging" enabled on phone to grant needed permission to "morelocale" app with ADB shell:
    >adb shell pm grant jp.co.c_lis.ccl.morelocaleandroid.presmission.CHANGE_CONFIGURATION  

I didn't try it beacause my phone is rooted.