Acer Liquid E2 not switching on

ColinOl
ColinOl Member Posts: 1 New User

Can someone please help ??

I have just bought a brand new Acer Liquid E2 smartphone and i have just started charging the phone for the 1st time and i'm aware the 1st charge needs to be for 8 hours and i am going to do this but the blue light at the top right of screen is constantly on and the phone keeps making a repetative vibrating sound but when i try to switch on the phone the screen is completely unresponsive and shows no message at all.

I have also tried holding the power button on for over 10 seconds but still nothing happens.

Has anyone else had this problem ??

Thanks

Answers

• WillL
    WillL Member Posts: 121 Troubleshooter
    Try taking the battery out and putting it back in. If that doesn't work, think you'll have to return it.
  • mrrog
    mrrog Member Posts: 42 New User
    The usb port on mine isn't the best, so maybe try a different cable to ensure you are getting power
  • jama12
    jama12 Member Posts: 1 New User

hello ColinOl, 

I have the same issue, what happened with yours? 

did you find a solution?

thanks

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

As WiLL and mmorg wrote:

1) try another USB cable

2) take off battery and leave phone without it for about 1 minute, then put battery inside and connect the charge, the blu light is correct but need also to see a battery icon on the screen for few seconds.

if phone still keep vibrating and no charging, you need to contact the Acer service.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • FrostAmore
    FrostAmore Member Posts: 1 New User

i have problem with Acer Liquid E2.

it wont turned on, i already charge for 5 hours and nothing happen.

its only showing blue light notification on the phone.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if you already did what i suggest in the post above, the only solution is to contact the Acer support. 

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • spannernick
    spannernick Member Posts: 1 New User

It just happened to me well it the second time it happened,I took out the battery and it put it back and it still wound not turn on only blue light,well so I took the battery out again and left it for about 2minutes and disconected it from my computer and put the usb cable into the usb charger and then pluged the phone in and bingo it works fine now and its changing..Smiley Very Happy

So remember use a usb charger not your computer to charge it,the computer only sends a very low amount of voltage to the phone.

But once you have the phone on you can connect it to the computer again if you like but it will take longer to charge.

Hope this helps..

Tip..

Did you know you can use a psu from a PS Vita to charge your phone..??..Smiley Wink

• marcogiannetta
    marcogiannetta Member Posts: 4 New User

It's normal, if you have driver installed on your PC, phone will charge with PC too

This discussion has been closed.