Smartphones

Topic

Frequent Visitor
universe876

Re: Acer Liquid E2 Duo : Storage Problem. How To ?

I have excatly the same problem, even if I moved all the movable apps to my external SD, the internal memory keeps on going down and getting lower everyday. I basically have to clean the cache more times per day. I red that many people on an Italian forum have the same problem and that in some shops they stopped recommening Acer Smartphones to customers due to memory issues and errors.

Furthermore, in my case, the phone freezes very often and many apps crash, more times per day. I tried to call Acer, but the guy that answered to my calls doesn't understand a thing, he just tells me that the Liquid E2 can fit SD of up to 14Gb and not 32, and then gives to directions on how to solve the problems, but just "we pick it up and check it if you like".

I was hoping for a better service from Acer :smileysad:

Frequent Visitor
Jimmy51

Exact same problem. I only have a few apps as well, it's a total joke. If this was my only phone it would have to go. All apps are moved to SD default installation location is SD but I had 20mb left and have had to remove apps every week to get rid of the storage warnings. What is with the crazy partition size. Acer needs to fix this. Also it's made worse by the SD corrupting every couple of months as well, so you're forced to put everything on SD then you lose the SD contents and have to reformat. Totally annoying, totally unnecessary. Fix it.
Occasional Contributor
WillL

I have 250mb internal free and my phone is not rooted. I have a few tips that may help a few of you. Through your settings, go to storage and look at the apps you don't use (for me, this was google+, google play magazines, hangouts, drive, google play books, acer cloud, gmail, google text to speech and mood agent). Select them, select uninstall updates and then mark them as disabled (so they don't auto update) and then enjoy a boost of new internal memory.
Frequent Visitor
jlogan1

i am getting the same telling me storage is nearly out ,only have 20mb left,cant transfer anything else and tried phoning to be told should do factory reset when i asked how i back everything up was told they couldnt tell me how to do that but when i worked it out come back to them and they would tell me how to do factory reset,have only had it 2 months surley this isnt right !!!have tried above uninstalling updates etc and gives a bit of space but for how long?? and how come there is 'phone memory' that is about 1.6gb that isnt used and how do we get to it ?
Posted from Facebook
Frequent Visitor
surfthenet

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. 

It beats me why Acer released this phone and did not fully test it in regards to updates and storage issues.

I will be contacting them tomorrow to ask for a solution, not a work around.

Its not good.

Frequent Visitor
cfguz

[ Edited ]

Same problem as described before. It is really annoying to receive a "storage problem" every minute!

Regular Visitor
Bokkie85

Indeed, I've got the same problem.

Cleaning the cache doesn't solve it.

It seems that Acer made an update, which keeps downloading itself, but does'nt install.

And then repeadidly download, no installing and clogging the device.

The problem is clearly in the system area of the device.
System usage is 1,6 GB

Regular Visitor
Bokkie85

Regular Visitor
sykanos

The problem here is that Acer is not doing anything to solve this problem.

No firmware updates, no support, absolutely nothing!

Regular Visitor
THBG

[ Edited ]

New System Update received today (around 79MB).

Just applied and no change at all regarding this storage problem...

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: