Topic

Regular Visitor
jluis

Acer E350 - Firmware Reset

Hello,

Was until recently one happy owner of an Acer Liquid Gallant E350 [dual sim].

From 2/3 weeks, the operating system is collapsing.
After startup, the mobile phone is terribly slow.
Whenever I turn on the internet data, all applications [Android system] start to crash, and stays completely inoperable.

I tried to remove some applications (which could be compromising the system), but amazingly after I remove the apps and restart the smartphone, the applications are still there!

• I've tried to through the "Settings >> factory reset without backup" and... nothing everything the same.
  • I've tried "POWER + VOL UP" >> "Wipe data / factory reset" + "wipe cache partition" and everything remains the same!
  • I've tried downloading the Stock Rom [OS_Acer_AV041.E350.1.000.22.WW.GEN1_A40I_A.zip] and through the Android system recovery, "Apply update from sdcard, appears an error" Signature verification failed "

Please, someone with a hint or could indicate how I can get this mobile phone to work properly or do a hard reset?

Regular Visitor
jluis

Re: Acer E350 - Firmware Reset

Anyone?

Any help would be great appreciate. This is NOT a novice problem, is in fact ROM problem.

Visitor
danny_lepomme

Do you have already a solution. I have the same problem.

I remove a lot of apps, change background, and change other settings. Everytime I restart the smartphone, it goes back into the earlier configuration. really frustrating !

I have contacted Acer 1 week ago. But no response so far.

Visitor
mysteryman323

Hey, I have the same problem here as well. I did see that on a different website someone else complained about it too.
Ive tried every form of reset, but nothing gets changed, even if I take out the SD and SIMcards.

Does anyone have a solution? 

Regular Visitor
jluis

AT LEAST, anyone with HINT on re-installing OS_Acer_AV041.E350.1.000.22.WW.GEN1_A40I_A.zip ???

Visitor
Fidler

Did you ever get an answer ? I have exact the same issue...

ACE Pathfinder
IronFly

Maybe flashing a past rom with Sptools?

anyone tryed?

If i was helpful, a KUDOS is appreciate and remember to mark "Accept as Solution" if you solved your problem.
I'm not an Acer employee. :smileyhappy:
Regular Visitor
jwjhix

Same problem.  Now ... why is it that this is happening since October.  I think some sort of malware or bad update?

No luck resetting by either method...

Haven't put the time into downloading the kernelt etc, but judging from the comments above that is time that would have been wasted. 

Wonder what the deal is?

And why it says "Wiped all data" or whatever... and then reboots with ALL of my old settings (and apps) still there, and then immediately begins crashing again . 

Not even a year old.

x

ACE Pathfinder
IronFly

Very strange, even giving Format with sptools?

If i was helpful, a KUDOS is appreciate and remember to mark "Accept as Solution" if you solved your problem.
I'm not an Acer employee. :smileyhappy:
Regular Visitor
jwjhix

Could you explain, or point me to an explanation of "even giving Format with sptools"?

Sorry, I am not an expert and just would like to reset the factory values to my phone.  There is a facility for this and I have followed the procedures recommended...  kind of annoying that the telephone just acts "as if nothing happened" (except that it is still sending me a buttload of errors about this or that application closing, often the same application closing over and over). 

... In Forums in France (where i live) people are having the same problem ; it is only since October 2013 and there have been no responses from Acer about it.

I am about to say "so much for my 10 month experiiment with Acer phones... " and pass on the advice. 

Would be nice to have some feedback from them

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: