at3-605-ur20 server purchased. Where are you drivers to support win2012svr R2 o/s??

kevtech23
kevtech23 Member Posts: 2 New User

An ACER at3-605-ur20 server was purchased in 2014 so I can use it for my home lab vm environment running HyperV,Active Directory. Where are you drivers to support win2012svr R2 o/s??

Acer Support,

Can you help me out here. I purchased this server intending to install win2012svr R2 o/s but since I purchased it I'm not able to find the drivers to support the o/s. Why are the drivers not listed when I search for them on the Acer support site? Or, am I just not searching correctly? What's your opinion of this?

I'm very concerned that I can't find the drivers having this server for about a year now.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i can't find any reference that this desktop is a server, so Acer gives support only to windows desktop OS like 8.x

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • kevtech23
    kevtech23 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the response. I think this stated out of the box desktop hardware should have no problem running a server o/s from a hardware prospective. The max ram allowed is 32gb. I've got 20gb of ram now. I'm keeping this post open until it's figured out.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

yes, your hardware is good for a server purpose but Acer has no driver support at all for Windows server OS.

I'm not an Acer employee.