Revo Center RC111 Default password

PeetaRC111
PeetaRC111 Member Posts: 2 New User

Are there any Revo Center RC111-ER10H Windows Home Server 2011 user/owner out there?

I lost my recover disk, and couldn't remember the admin password.

Anybody remember what the default password is?

Thanks a bunch.

Best Answer

• PeetaRC111
    Answer ✓

Yes, I try really, really hard, but still couldn't remember.

But my wife said something that bring back old memory.  From that point on, the fourth attempts got me in.

thanks

Answers

• CliffHtown
    CliffHtown Member Posts: 1 New User

first, try really, really hard to remember your password.  Then try again.

If it doesn't work out, then make sure you get the User Manual (UM) and Quick Guide (QG) downloads.  They tell you a little about WHS and Revocenter.

On page 103 of UM, it tells you there is no default passw:

"If you don’t remember the password, you must reset the home server.

Refer to “Recovering or restoring the home server” on page 94 for

more information."

Short advice for restoring the home server:

On the back is a square to the bottom, lower right, in the brown section.  Just to the left of what looks like a silver video expansion slot (it's not, as far as i can tell)

Take a screw driver and carefully punch out the square metal behind the brown plastic cover.  This reveals a blue connector for SVGA monitor.  (uses the old SVGA cables with the blue connectors on both ends)

With a small SVGA monitor plugged in, you can also get a USB mouse, and USB keyboard and plug them in also.  with that setup, you can eventually see what is happening when you get the new software started.  This is important, since the server runs slow, compared to what you're probably used to.  Reasoning - don't power off the machine while it's thinking -- you could corrupt something.

So, there are 2 ways to reset -- using the Revocenter DVD, or by running a program that copies files to a USB.  You can find the basics in the User Manual on page 84. 

What, you don't have the Revocenter DVD?  Well, i don't either, and so i am trying to figure out how to either get it, or how to use the USB method.  (Fortunately, i finally figured out my password after forgetting it too...)

The USB method looks more complicated.  The DVD method would probably be a breeze if you connect the monitor, keyboard, and mouse like i suggested.

Good Luck!

• PeetaRC111
    Answer ✓

Yes, I try really, really hard, but still couldn't remember.

But my wife said something that bring back old memory.  From that point on, the fourth attempts got me in.

thanks