I need to do a new install of Windows Home Server 2011 on my Aspire Easystore Server.

dafree
dafree Member Posts: 4 New User

My boot drive on my Aspire Easystore H340 got trashed and is not recoverable.  I need to reinstall the Windows Home Server 2011 software on a new drive.  I calle ACER support but the people who do their non warranty work are not able to help.  I took it to a computer repair shop and they couldn't do it either.  Any help on how to do the reinstall would be greatly appreciated.  I am willing to ship it somewhere if there is no way to do it myself. 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

have you tried on acer erecovery website if the installation media is still available?

http://store.acer.com/store/aceramer/en_US/eRecovery

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • dafree

Sorry, I forgot to say I do have the install disks.  Just don't know how to use them to do the install to a new hard drive.

• dafree

Also forgot to thank you for your reply.

• dafree

I tried the link you provided.  ASUS does not support any item not on warranty. The company that does non-warranty support does not support servers and does not know anyone who does.  I have spent days trying to communicate with them to get help but there is none that I can find.    

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

have you already replaced the dead HDD?

your CD/DVD normally have a number or label to understand which one use to start installation.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • DattiLOL
    DattiLOL Member Posts: 5 New User

As you don't have a backup of the server before, your works can be complex. To install a new Windows Home Server 2011, you need to first delete all partitions with Partition Manager Server firstly ( if you need the data on the HDD, you will need to backup the server ). Then you can use the cd drive to install a new Windows Home Server 2011. With previous system data on the hard disk, you won't be able to install a new one as it's protected.