Acer Aspire Easystore (P/N: ES.TR100.270IE) - data recovery after system fail

Sulyos
Sulyos Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello, 

I have an old NAS Acer Aspire Easystore (P/N: ES.TR100.270IE) which stopped functioning. Basically unit turns on, HDDs spin up but unit appears to not be able to boot in. Blue light flashing on Acer sign which suggests that unit is stuck on boot up. (as per manual)

Question is, how do I get the data of my disk without having the NAS functioning? This is not a HDD failure so I cannot just swap a faulty drive.

I have 2 HDDs in the NAS in RAID1 (I think as it was years ago when I set it up).  I looked at the drives under windows environment and they boot up and have a number of partitions. I cannot see what is on the drive only see them in disk management not file explorer. I also looked at them under Linux live and I can only see a 1.1gig drive and folders relating to Raid set up. (This must be one of the partitions)

Any suggestion would be much appreciated. 

Best Answer

• Sulyos
    Answer ✓

Problem solved. Please disregard. HDD were in linear not RAID 1. Used mdadm under linux and mounted drives. Data recovered Smiley Wink

no tricks needed. 

Answers

• Sulyos
    Answer ✓

Problem solved. Please disregard. HDD were in linear not RAID 1. Used mdadm under linux and mounted drives. Data recovered Smiley Wink

no tricks needed.