Acer AC100 - RAID5 Problem

Franz2000
Franz2000 Member Posts: 1 New User

For over two years, my Acer AC100 runs fine with 2 RAID1 volumes. First volume was created with the built in WD Blue (WD500AAKX - 500GB) drives and contains the Windows Server 2008 R2 installation, the second volume consists of two WD Red with 3TB (WD30EFRX). The 3TB volume was a pure data storage drive and network share.

Two weeks ago, I've done a RAID reset, removed the two 500GB drives and replaced them with 2 new WD30EFRX. After that, I've created a RAID5 volume with my 4 WD30EFRX without having any troubles. The RAID was shown with 8,3TB. And now, the weird thing is coming...

Attached my external USB-DVD-Drive with the Windows Server 2008 R2 setup media and started the installation. Like two years ago, Windows Setup was not able to detect any drives. In 2012, I've created a CD with all drivers of my AC100, including the RAID-Controller drivers I have used for the installation on my 500GB RAID1 volume.

With exactly the same RAID-Controller drivers like long ago on my USB drive, I plugged the drive into the AC100 and forced the setup to use this driver. But this time, the setup was still not able to find any drives.

It looks like i have the same problem which was already discussed in this thread: http://community.acer.com/t5/Servers-Storage/ACER-AC100-Micro-Server-amp-RAID5-Setup-Problem/td-p/2495

If you need any screenshots or anything else, just ask. My AC100 runs with BIOS Version P02 and I use the Intel RAID cause the LSI RAID is not able to create a RAID5 with my 4 drives.

This discussion has been closed.