Acer S7 boot problems

john40131
john40131 Member Posts: 8 New User

I have problems with Aspire S7, my previous didnt get any help, tried changing Bios settings but know I cant even get Bios to see my USB Pendrive, in Bios Boot items only show USB: CDDrive, USB: FDD, USB:HDD. in USB boots.

Would be grateful for any help.

Regards John

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    What are you trying to do?
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • john40131

I lost all partitions in HDD while trying to re-install Windows, so trying to re-install Windows, previously got to the stage where got message after selecting Hard drive partition in setup but then message saying cant" setup cant create a partition" since then I found out how to re=create partition, but maybe some help was suggesting re-load defaults, since then I cannot get a bootable nedia "USB Pendrive" in the Bios "Boot" menu or in "Boot Manager" only boot is "Partition 0" in HDD which, I am pretty experienced in computer installations but this notebook is something new, so am a bit concerned has to how to get Windows installed.

I have the Windows 7 image on a bootable pendrive, trying to install Win 7 instead of Win 8 which was on previously.

Grateful for your help

Regards John

• john40131

I seem to have resolved my problem, I got hold of a USB CD/DVD drive which I ordered from Amazon, came this morning and with a bit of Bios settings got see the drive, and it to install Win 7 "phewww" just got to update drivers and seem to have problem with Left and Right mouse buttons not working could be when I opened bottom may have disturbed something.

But at least can relax has its not my notebook and was trying to fix for a friend.

Regards John

• IronFly

glad you fixed.

• john40131

The only issue I have is on Boot, It is on Legacy Boot, if I change to UEFI it doesnt find the Boot file for windows just says no bootable device, even if I bring HDD0 to the top of the boot list, this is not a big issue but is the Raid utility comes up prior to booting into Windows.

How can I change back to original boot-up.

Regards 

John

• IronFly

if you are trying to install windows 7 under UEFI using a Flash drive, probably is not burned with UEFI settings.