Acer Aspire R14 BlueTooth

feyoung1969
feyoung1969 Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi, I was wondering if the Acer Aspire R14 model R5-471T 534x Intel Core CI5-6200U dual-coe has built in BlueTooth 4, and if it supports WiFi AC and what is the physical size of the SDD, is it 2.5" . The reason is that I want to buy this model but only if it supports BlueTooth 4 or 4.1, and it also supports WiFi ac plus a,b.g,n of course and also I want to upgrade the SSD to minimum 500GB instead of the 256GB.

Look forward to hear back from you ASAP.

Thanks,

Sam

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

This model does support Wireless AC and Bluetooth 4. In regards to the SSD, it is a 2.5" SATA 3 SSD.

• feyoung1969
    feyoung1969 Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi, thank you for the reply but unfortunately the answer came too late. I took the laptop to GeekSquad of Best Buy where I bought it and asked them to upgrade the SSD to 512 but when they opened it they found out it's not a regular 2.5" SSD so I had to return it and exchange it for a Dell Inspiron 13.3" which has all the features of the Acer Aspire R14 except the USB 3.1 unfortunately and it also has a normal 2.5" HDD which can be replaced easily with a normal 2.5" SSD drive up to 1TB. So I am going to use it with the 500HDD and then upgrade to a 1TB SSD when the price goes down further.

BTW, you need to add the information about wifi ac and bluetooth 4.1 and the physical size of the SSD as it will make it much easier for people to make a decision. I wasted a few days trying to decide which laptop I should buy and if I had this information available it would have made it much easier. It's too bad that the size of SSD on the Acer Aspire is not standard size, otherwise I would have bought it and upgraded it to 1TB SSD.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

AFAIK there are two different SSD/HDDs used by different R14s:

1) SATA III that is almost square

2) M.2 that is long and narrow.

Both are replacable by a professional

Samsung EVO SSDs come in 500GB and both form factors. I believe the SIII is $150 and the M.2 is $160 on Amazon and are commonly available. Key is that an SSD does not have a disk so can be any shape.

Many people are not familiar with the M.2 form factor I suspect your R14 had a 256GB Kingston RBU-SNS8152S .

One if the issues with Acer is that there are many different variants of each family. To know which you have I needed the whole model number (R5-471T 534x )