why i am not able to shutdown or restart my acer laptop using power button on the screen

SSDALAL
SSDALAL Member Posts: 1 New User

The drop down menu when i click the power button shows three options i.e shutdown, restart and sleep but out of three my laptop is responding to only sleep option.....no response for balance two options.

Can anyone help and tell me the solution to resolve this issue .

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

There can be several reasons for unable to shutdown or restart your Acer laptop from the start menu or you can say power button on the screen. To help you troubleshoot the issue, please follow the instructions given below:
    - First of all, you need to check if any settings are configured in windows for Power Management in the control panel.
    - You can reset the Power Management settings to default:
    - Press ‘Windows’ key + ‘R’ key on your keyboard.
    - In the Run box type ‘Control Panel’ and hit Enter button.
    - Search for ‘Power Options’ and select Power Options from the results.
    - Click ‘Change plan settings’ next to the plan you wish to reset.
    - Click ‘Restore default settings’ for this plan, then click Yes.
    - Restart or Shutdown the system and check if you are able to perform it from start menu.

If issue persists, You may have an application or process running in the background that is not shutting down properly. Close all tray applications that you can, make sure you close all programs first, and try again. If that works, you need to see what you have installed that may be causing this.

Hope this will help you.