S5-371 WiFi problem

plishlp
plishlp Member Posts: 1 New User

Bought a S5-371 and I havent been able to connect to wifi almost at all. After starting computer for 1st time and attempting to connect to my home wifi it refused to connect to it and gave a error saying "Cant connect to this network". I plugged in usb-ethernet and installed all possible windows updates and even updated Atheros drivers from acer website, with always ending up with same result of no wifi conection. Even if i attempt to connect to any wifi showing on list and giviving a wrong password, it will just always give out the same errormessage as when i attempt to connect to my home wifi with correct password. 

After this I decided to make a clean win10 install without any of acer bloatware and install all drivers myself from acer website and through windows update. Result after reinstalling windows are the same as they were before. My router is asus rt-ac56u and I have another laptop, ps4 and iphone working absolutely perfect on same network. After googling and trying out all possible fixes, I attempted to change wireless mode and this worked partially. Anything on list that doesnt contain letter N lets me connect to my wifi network, but the connection isnt as fast as its supposed to be. I've also updated bios to latest version and i'm fighting with the touchpad issues at the same time, so let me know if there are any updates on that matter also

So: How do I get the optimal WiFi connection, currently i'm getting 25mbs connection instead of +100mbs connection im getting on other devices at same wifi and as bonus question, are there any updates on when the touchpad drivers are getting fixed?

Sorry for bad formatting and probably missing some details, ask away and I will add missing information

Answers