Aspire S7 393. With less than 15 hours of use the power went off to never come back on

trickrider
trickrider Member Posts: 1 New User

This laptop gets very little use, but unfortunately while using on battery power last month, checking emails, the power went off  for no reason. tried everything, hooking up to recharge, trying to find solution on line like resetting  battery but with no luck. Not once did any light come on or power return.  as i do not live in a town where i purchased the computer, a couple months went by before i got back to the store where purchased to learn that the warranty had "expired" 2 days before. i was told to contact ACER. I did.. A tech support live chat with a Roseny M was cordial until she realized it was "out of warranty" whereby she just hung up on me when i was trying to get return information and inquiring as to why this was not covered by warranty. Now i can't even get transferred to a supervisor.

MicroCenter where i bought thissaid it would probably run 1000 dollars to repair..i had just paid 1300 on purchase, and a 75 dollar diagnostic fee so again am thinking this should get a better response from ACER to fix a problem that appears to be congenital.  Has anyone else out there been able to fix this problem with out sending it to ACER, or been more successful than i have in even getting them to listen.  I used to buy a lot of ACER products but now it is my mission in life to get the word out about their customer support or lack thereof.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Very sorry your system is having problems and that our support team was not able to assist. We can do much better than that. Please send me a private message, so I can get you the help you need to get this working again.

• Rayyaraheem1208
    Rayyaraheem1208 Member Posts: 1 New User

hi sir, im having the same problem as well, could you help me please?

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Sorry you are having problems. I recommend contacting technical support in your country. I am unable to assist with issues from all regions.