Aspire R13(R7-371T-70KS Randomly shuts off & or Trips Circuit Breaker

Kamme77
Kamme77 Member Posts: 1 New User

hello

My acer asipre R13 R7-371T-70ks will just shut off while working, and if you close the lid it goes into standby but when you wake it up some tires the screen glitches when you sign into windows 10. But it will always shut down without warning, and seems like pretty regularly it trips the battery circuit breaker. I have also noticed that the battery takes a while to give a accurate reading on it's battery like (i don't know it thats normal).

So I'm just wondering if anyone has had a similar problems, and if so what actions did you take. the unit was

manufactured on 2015/02/04 I purchased it in October of 2015. It charges fine and seems like after one to two random restarts and or a battery circuit reset it work fine.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated

Answers

• ibanezheroes
    ibanezheroes Member Posts: 1 New User

After installing Windows 10, my ACER R7-371T was shutding down randomly especially when the charger was not plug (running on battery). I of course suspected the battery but after a while, I recognize that the CPU was over heating when on battery (Check with speedfan software).

I have searched windows power option and found out that in advance setting, the "CPU cooling mode" was set to "passive" when on battery and "active when on charger.

I have changed the setting to active all the time and it looks good now!!

I hope it helps someone

Cheers,

Laurent

PowerMngt.JPG