Anyone else frustrated with Acer aspire!!

sarah21
sarah21 Member Posts: 4 New User

i feel i have completely WASTED my money on this Acer Aspire. I bought as a replacement for a kindle - thought I'd get to use the laptop as well as watch netflix! oh how wrong I was. Netflix usually loads after 5-8 attempts, no applications will run on the laptop. Internet crawls... need I say more.

Support team incredibly unhelpful - I really don't know what to do - it seems throwing in the bin is my only option!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

Doesn't sound like it's running as it is supposed to. What model of Aspire is it? Which OS are you running? What other applications ahev you installed?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sarah21
    Aspire r1 1311 and I only installed Netflix and Microsoft solitaire. I have bullguard security a fun I can't tell what iOS as I can't launch anything at the moment on the average (using my phone which is far more reliable )
  • sarah21
    Ignore the "a fun" predictive text!!
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

First we need the actual model number. I *suspect* you mean a R11 aka R3-131T in which case we need the next four digits to identify the model (R3-131T-xxxx) - is the case blue ?

Next we need to know the Operating System aand some information. Press the Windows key and "R". Type MSINFO32. Note "OS Name" and "Version" also "BIOS Version/Date", and "Total Physical Memory".

BTW If this is a Chromebook, we have a different problem.