Acer Aspire R7 Randomly Shuts Itself Off - A Power Shortage Issue?

2»

Answers

• musikaladin
    musikaladin Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi there,

same problem with my R7. I own it since 1 week now and today for the first time the battery status indicator in the task bar shows "no battery detected". After moving the notebook a little it re-detected the battery. Reading the other forum posts here, I am afraid that this might become the beginning of a long Odyssey...

Due to the nature of the problem, to me seems a kind of loose connection, and the description / solution of logonaniket seems quite conclusive...

I just ask myself, why doesn't acer address this obviously quite serious issue here on the forum. If the solution was that simple, why don't they just inform us here on the forum about what to do? This is what I would expect form a well organized cusomer-service.

ACER, please come up with a quick solution here! If logonaniket was correct, just inform your service centers globally about what to do, make sure that cases brought forward are dealt with within let's say 24 hrs, and inform us here in the forum accordingly. That's it!

• Alxtrade
    Alxtrade Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same issue with my new r7. I feeled happy for a couple of weeks enjoying a beautifull screen but...

The problem is when laptop is disconected from the power cord. Just have to hold a back right corner of the base while moving. Basicly is touching/pushing the area above the power plug  on the base  make r7 is shut itself off. When power plug is connected no issue at all. Looks like I'm not alone with that problem Smiley Sad

• musikaladin
    musikaladin Member Posts: 2 New User

...Hello ACER...? ...HEEEEEEELLLOOOOOOOOOOO...!...

...you might not have recognized it yet, but you have a real serious issue with your R7 battery connection here... and? ...don't you wanna address it? Until now it seems that all of the R7-owners here treat you very well by nicely asking you for a solution WITHIN this forum. But you seem to prefer to remain quiet.

So what's your plan? You wanna wait until a general product-recall-campain becomes necessary?

Maybe you ACER guys think this over and finally come up with an better idea!

• njcurveball
    njcurveball Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

You only have 3 pages with this one. The WIFI issue is over 70 pages and they have done nothing, so if you are expecting something from them, good luck. Smiley Happy