Acer Stuck In Boot

BenNaylor
BenNaylor Member Posts: 2 New User

So i wanted to factory reset my Acer Revo rl80. I went into settings and did it so it deletes all files and settings and apps but doesn't fully clean the drive. I left it for an hour and came back and it was at 1%, then I left it over night and it was still at 1%. I turned off the computer and left it for a while. When a turned it back on it was stuck in the boot screen . I read up and did alt f10 so it went to the trouble shooting guide thing. People said to factory reset the computer and so did acer when I contacted them. But the computer just got stuck on 1% like before, even though I left it over night. I think that my only option is to use the recovery disk, but they got lost. I was wondering what I could do or if I can rebuy the recovery disk? Thanks

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer

Sorry your having problems with your Revo 80....

You should be able to get a eRecovery from the Acer Store You can get there by clicking the Acer Logo at the top of the page, Your country area of support. Then click on Acer Store icon it will be top almost far right. Then Far right should be eRecovery. You can Click this link and go right there. I took out the Steps for you Smiley Happy https://store.acer.com/en-us/extended/recovery/

Then with your SNID or Serial # you can get your Media for your system. They will send everything as it came and should set it back with everything as if you just brought it home from the store...

I have a lot of systems, and I to lke to loose the USB for my Recovery. So I now have them in Envelopes with name of the system and date when made. Then put them in my Drawer. Before they would get tossed around the desk area for a while end up in a box and wouldn't find them until long after needing them LOL...

Hope this Helps

James

• BenNaylor
    BenNaylor Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks For your Help. I live in the UK so is it necessary that I speak to Acer or not?

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer

Well if your system is Stuck and it won't boot up, you don't have a Recovery USB for your sytem. Then the only real way is to get the eRecovery from Acer. They make the recovery for your system. Only other thing that I could think of would be having or buying a retail version of the Windows system you want.. 

I am not sure what the cost is for people in the UK. I think they have places around the Globe for this reasons...

James