x113 projector not detected win7

graybo
graybo Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I have a new Acer X113 projector.

I have tried to connect it to both my laptop (Toshiba, running Win7 - 32bit) and my desktop (Dell Vostro Win 7 - 32bit). I can connect it successfully to either device using the supplied VGA cable.

However, I want to connect it to my laptop via USB so that I can use the remote to go through PowerPoint presentations. When I connect the cable, the computer has detected the connection and installed drivers. However, when I use the "connect to a projector" Windows app and select any of the options that send a signal to the projector, no signal is received by the projector. In the "source" menu on the projector, I am not offered USB as an option (only D-Sub, Composite and S-Video). If I press the USB-B button on the remote, nothing happens. The computer shows an error "no projector has been detected".

Is my projector faulty? The cable connecting the projector to the laptop/desktop is brand new (and clearly ok if the computer detects the device and installs drivers).

Thanks

Answers

• graybo
    graybo Member Posts: 5 New User

solved this myself. It's a manual problem. Both the D-Sub cable and the USB cable need to be connected. The devices must be hooked up first, then the projector must be powered up and then (and only then) the PC should be powered up. The manual is not well written.