H6510BD dust all over the screen/Return for repair requested

Flo_irl
Flo_irl Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

I suddenly, after only 290 hours of using my new projector, have a loooot of white stains on my screen. They are blurry dots but if I focus on them, it looks terrible (dots, lines, it really looks like dust). I always took care of the environment where the projector is and always avoided dust in the room.

I of course tried to clean the objective but it is definitely inside as nothing changed at all.

It does not seem to be a DMD Chip issue as the dots are not all the same.

- I tried to go to the support page to request a repair but: I'm in Ireland and the website I have to use is the UK one. Well the problem is that when I go to http://customercare.acer-euro.com/customerselfservice/ I can't select Ireland as my country as it is not present. If I enter it manually, the last step gives me an error message saying "wrong country".

I can assure you that Ireland is a real country and part of Europe.

So what can I do? How do I get a RMA number to send back my video projector to get my problem fixed? (I bought it on Amazon on the 16/05/2015 so it is new and under warranty)

Here is a picture of my problem:

IMG_20150701_031013.jpg

Thank you for your help.

Regards.

Answers

• Flo_irl
    Flo_irl Member Posts: 3 New User

By the way if there is any way I can fix it myself (blowing with a tool, which one, and where in the projector) I'm open to everything.

It is definitely dust and particles but I don't know how the inside is made so I don't know where to look and where to clean and I won't open it to not void the warranty.

Thanks.

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi Flo,

Here is the contact us page for the UK and Ireland. http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/service-contact

I would give them a call or chat. They should be able to provide some support if it's possible to resolve the issue yourself or help setup repair to get it taken care of.

Hope this helps,
    Cory

• firefly123
    firefly123 Member Posts: 11 New User
    I have the exact same problem with dust on the inside of lens (?) The dust appears as a lighter shaded area when the screen is darker. If I change the focus I can clearly see the dust particles.
    The h6510bd does not have an air filter or even a lens cover. I'm at 250 hours on the bulb and try to use it in a clean place.
    I will try to make a filter of some sort myself but first I want to get the inside cleaned out. Any advice from anyone on DIY cleaning inside?
    Thanks.