Acer H5360 projector DMD Chip?

MarieSufrin
MarieSufrin Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 27 in 2019 Archives

Hi,   I have started to see white dots on my screen and I have read enough to know that it is the DMD Chip.  Does anyone know the part number for the DMD Chip for the Acer H5360? Thanks, Marie

Best Answer

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

You will need to contanct technical support in your region to inquire about getting your product serviced to resolve this issue. If you are in the US or Canada, you can send me a private message with your serial number, name, and telephone number, and I will have someone contact you.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer

The issue you are describing sounds like something that we will cover under warranty. I will be sending you a private message to request additional information.

• paulfez
    paulfez Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

I am having the very same problem occuring, It's like looking at the night sky!

Please could you help me with this chip issue?

Many thanks

Paul

• Blayn-Acer
    Answer ✓

You will need to contanct technical support in your region to inquire about getting your product serviced to resolve this issue. If you are in the US or Canada, you can send me a private message with your serial number, name, and telephone number, and I will have someone contact you.

• kferro
    kferro Member Posts: 1 New User

Blayn - I too am having this same issue and would love to speak with you about it.  Can you let me know how best I can get in touch with you? 

Thanks,

Kyle

• blade
    blade Member Posts: 1 New User

Same Problem here.

I would like infomation about getting this DMD chip problem repaired.

The chip has so many stuck pixels (black and white), it is unusable.

The failed DMD chip has a 5 year warranty from the manufacturer.

This should be an easy fix for ACER.

• sunil90
    sunil90 Member Posts: 1 New User

I am have the same issue. DMD CHIP is bad all white spots on the screen. I searched on the acer community and some of the people got it fixed by acer support. Please Please....can someone help me here...who should I call so that I can get my DMD Chip fixed.

• Blayn-Acer

Sunil90,

I have sent you a private message requesting additional information.

• Ericgalbraith
    Ericgalbraith Member Posts: 1 New User
    hi blayne -

I have the same problem - a constellation of stars with the h5360. Have only used the projector for a few hundred hours. I would appreciate information on how I can fix it.

Thanks
    Eric
  • Blayn-Acer

Eric,

You will need to get in contact with Acer technical support. They can create a warranty repair order and get the issue resolved. I will be sending you a private message requesting some information so I can have a tech contact you.

• themim
    themim Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

Acer-Blayn is it possible to fix it or I need to buy new one?

Thanks,

Radek

• Blayn-Acer

The issue you are describing is something that can often be covered in warranty. I suggest contacting Acer in your region for assistance with having your system repaired. If you are in the US or Canada and are having this problem, please send me a private message with your name and contact information, so I can further assist.

• themim
    themim Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

Thank you for prompt response! Will do that.

Thanks,

Radek

• ahood
    ahood Member Posts: 1 New User

Acer-Blayn  I am aslo haveing the same issues with my Projector.

I have been trying to call Acer but im not able to talk with a real person.

I am in the United States.

Please let me know how I can solve this issue.

Thanks,

Alex

• Blayn-Acer

ahood,

Please send me a private message with your name, serial number, and contact number.

• pselvana
    pselvana Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm having the same problem with my Acer H5360.  I'd like to get it fixed under the DMD chip warranty.  Please help as the support hotline keeps pushing me to the 3rd party vendor and they put me on hold indefinitely when I mention the product. @acer-blayn

• Chancery8
    Chancery8 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

I have the same problem (white/black dots & lines) with my H5360 projector, but I can't seem to get in touch with a real person at Acer to discuss this issue.  I keep getting sent from one automated message to another when I try to contact tech support.  Could you please let me know how to get the DMD chip fixed under warranty?  Should I sent you a PM?  Thanks!

Lina

• Blayn-Acer

Yes, please send me a PM if you are having this problem and in the US or Canada. Please provide your serial number or SNID, name, and telephone number.

• Steinmetzj1
    Steinmetzj1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

My projector just started to experience the same issue on my H5360. I know my projector is out of warranty but the chip may still be covered. I was hoping I could get some support for this issue. 

Thanks

Jared

• Blayn-Acer

Jared,

Please send me a private message with your name, serial number, and telephone number, and I will work with you to resolve this issue.

• IMP-H5360
    IMP-H5360 Member Posts: 2 New User

I really like my projector but the dots are everywhere.  How do I get my projector serviced asap?  thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.