Acer predator 8 GT-810 Charging Issue

arjaylzo
arjaylzo Member Posts: 6 New User

I purchased an Acer from (I bet one of your affiliates) Lazada.com.ph while it was on sale.

After 3 days of usage, whenever I would charge the unit, it would only show two set of Charging Bard (charging offline) and as soon as I power it up, the default Battery status is stuck on 25%

Looking at the battery usage, it indicates "Battery Usage data isn't available"

But I notivce that the Battery level remains on flat 25%, even while charging it shows "25% - Full" so thereby indicates the unit is full charged.

This seem like a Kernel Issue.

So then I went to check for updates, sadly the update indicates "Your Device is upto date"

May I request for assistance on this other than having the unit returned for (no option to replace) from Lazada.

Worse part is, I am compeled to live with this with worth $6 Voucher as compensation. Good job!

But thing is, I am an avid Acer user, I even recommend my wife to buy acer stuff which she eventually did and bought A V5 laptop. While I am most satisfied with my Acer Liquid jade z. Going back,

You guys have the link to download the Acer-GT-810 Avolo Full stock Firmware for the unit. So I went ahead and research. Found that the way to install this zip file was through the stock recovery.

Well given that the UNIT is ACER, the update.zip is from Acer and that the interface or recovery is Stock by ACER, I then flashed the Avolo.zip (Again, to note, from your site). Sadly, it did not fix the issue. I would assume I did not break my warranty. Right?

But I will and cannot claim warranty towards Lazada on this, since the unit was sold on sale and at a great price definitely hard to resist. I am loving this tablet by far except that the power is a hit or miss.

So therefore, may I request for an updated flashable (something) aside from the one currently available.

Again, realize that Getting into Factory Erase and restore did not fix the issue, neither Flashing the Tablet Image file available on the wensite.

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

We'd like to see if we can assist you with this issue. Please send us a private message so we can help.

• arjaylzo
    arjaylzo Member Posts: 6 New User

This Forum is Hopeless, Has anyone tagged the Acer Predator Post as Solved? Nor one of the replies as "Solution" Check again. I've been FD and Desk Support, I understand the Country restrictions.

But come on, consumer's buying Acer products which would have been worth-it if only you guys do not witheld so much disclosure. You are not par with Apple anyways who is keeping a lot of things. You guys also has the resourece and KB's provided by acer. But what is holding you back in providing support?

You were giving so much false hopes in here. This will be the last Item I am going to buy branded as Acer.

This brand is selling lemons and wants you to re-visit the store to collect some amount, still you get the same lemon.