acer z35

Seemann
Seemann Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello guys!

I have a problem when i'm trying to set my monitor on 100hz+

I have latest video drivers (asus gtx 1080 and driver version is 378.78) , my GeForce see monitor z35, but if i go to screen resolution it's shows me Generic PnP Monitor... I can set without problem 60-100hz, but if I try to set 120/144/160 screen just blinking and monitor shows me NO SIGNAL and i need to cancel. I connect thru Display Port from Acer. Can you help me with that ?

p.s. and in device manager as well in a tab monitor shows Generic PnP monitor

Answers

• vatis24
    vatis24 Member Posts: 1 New User

Dear friend, hello there, 

i have exacly the same problem , the only way to solve this i rolled back to drivers 376.60 , when you install this go to nvidia panel and set refresh rait to 144hz that will give you options to change between 60 - 144 hz.

But we need a reply and fix on new drivers .

• Seemann

thank you mate, i will try now to do the same, because acer support useless and they can't help and this forum dead as well, so if your option will not work I will send my z35 back and buy new one from asus, i will reply later Smiley Happy

• Seemann

i install 376.60 drivers and yes, i have option to choose 60 - 160 hz , but still cant choose it, when i pick something more than 100hz+ it just blinks and then - no signal... I think nothing help, just another garbage product from acer. Quality of acer products for last 5 years didnt changed

• zOptix
    zOptix Member Posts: 1 New User

The problem is most likley the cable you are using.  I had this same problem.  Not all cables are able to push the data through for the screen above 60Hz.  Google cable issues, and make sure you purchase a VESA certified cable.  You will also need a Displayport cable for the higher refresh rates.