Z271 strange issue with 144hz

Answers

• kobbybest
    kobbybest Member Posts: 5 New User

ok but boulanger.com, materiel.net not sell Z271 since post in this forum, it's not coincidence or because lot of monitor return.

ALL Z271 have this problem, why ACER not stop selling Z271 to correct this big issue and not communicate. I have return my three monitors and i have buy another Z271 that have same problem and return again.

• Ofai
    Ofai Member Posts: 4 New User

Do we have any futher info yet Acer-Karp?

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Good afternoon to all,

I continue to follow this thread, just so you know. I did not get an update yet, but they are sure working on it.

I thank you for your patience and understanding that some issues does take a bit more time to get an update on it.

Let's say hopefully in a week or two we can have some information, they do have to replicate the issue reported on the images above in order to see what is causing this.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Randomizer
    Randomizer Member Posts: 1 New User

Guys this is not an issue with gaming , mine happened out of the blue when my pc was idle on the desktop please see below :

16735555_10154293500526299_776005661_o.jpg16709331_10154293502496299_455905214_o.jpg

also please note that all of the screen loses overall quality and the dark colours are the most affected by the blue shift . You can even see the pixels moving where the blue is taking over . So Frustrating because i love this monitor pity we have these issues Smiley Sad 

• Isflux
    Isflux Member Posts: 5 New User
    I'm also having the exact same problem with my monitor. Z271 Predator Curved. Happens constantly after short intervals of play when trying to reach above 70 odd FPS. If i lock the frames below that withing games that allow me to do so, the problem seems to arise far less often. From what i have found online the problem can be fixed with a firmware update.

My question is how do i go about organizing to have this firmware update applied to my monitor. I live in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Please tell me there is somewhere within Australia this can be done.

Looking for a mod/customer support reply Please.
  • Isflux
    Isflux Member Posts: 5 New User
    Still Awaiting a mod/customer support reply. Also maybe a reply from any of the other posters in regards to there problems being resolved or not?
  • SresgaminG
    SresgaminG Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,

I may have found a solution, that works on Windows 10 (with PUBG anyway).

1. Right Click Desktop
    2. Click 'Display Settings'
    3. Scroll down to '3D display mode' (Screen will go black for a little while don't panic)
    4. Load PUBG
    5. Game will start and look strange with shadows, ALT+TAB out and back into game, it should be fixed.
  • SresgaminG
    SresgaminG Member Posts: 2 New User
    Further to my above comment, I turned off '3D display mode' and it stayed the same, no edge flickering.
  • Dizy
    Dizy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, so bought the same monitor myself a few months ago and started noticing this myself recently. After reading this thread I did 2 things; moved  the power brick to a more open air space and and reduced the refresh rate to 120Hz.

while moving the power brick to a more open space I noticed that the brick was quite hot. So far I’ve not seen the issue happen again and the power brick isn’t getting as hot as it was before.

Will update if the issue happens again but for now I’m wondering if the issue has something to do with the power brick getting too hot and causing stability that leads to the blue off colour. Just a theory and have no way to confirm this for myself however I will try setting it back to 144hz with the power brick in a more ventalated space and see what happens.
  • Panguard
    Panguard Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2017
    i purchased two of these monitors July 28th, i just bought a third a week ago but now one of the other two just had this same issue. after reading through the thread i unplugged the power supply (at the brick, leaving the monitor and wall plug alone) and plugged it back in it seems to have fixed itself for now. turning the monitor off and on alone did nothing so this leads me to believe its power related based on this and what I've read here. if i have this problem again i will post here again to see if there are any updates. does not seem to have to do with refresh rate in my opinion, or maybe it's somehow both.
  • Issoujpp
    Issoujpp Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem after two months of using. I can play at 60hZ but I bought this monitor for playing at 144Hz. Do I need to RMA my monitor?
  • Entrako
    Entrako Member Posts: 2 New User
    So i've been looking for a solution for this problem for a few months now and I have found no similar cases to my problem until now...

I have a little information I can share into what I have discovered when reproducing the blue colouring. (Using display port)

In my case, I have found that the blue colouring only occurs when a program is in FULLSCREEN, and is more likely to occur when playing a game.
    When playing a game in full screen, the blue will appear randomly after a few seconds to a few minutes. And when watching a video on youtube in fullscreen the blue is less likely to occur and will only after a few minutes. But, THE BLUE WILL NEVER OCCUR IF A GAME/PROGRAM IS IN WINDOWED MODE! The issue still occurs in borderless windowed, but the blue will never appear in windowed mode! As well as that, if I connect my brothers 60hz hdmi samsung monitor as a second monitor, I never get the blue colouring on the Z271. But im unsure if this is because his monitor forces mine into 60hz mode?

On another note, when playing darksouls 3, very very very rarely, I will have yellow colouring, instead of blue. Weird.
  • Entrako
    Entrako Member Posts: 2 New User
    no actually, my screen still goes blue when using my brothers monitor as a 2nd
  • Saphirus
    Saphirus Member Posts: 3 New User
    Pretty sure this is a problem with the Acer Over Drive, having it on Off causes extremely bad motion blur, extreme causes purple / blue blurs to appear on the screen (especially noticeable when gaming) The only option I found to work was having it on normal although, yet again motion blur is still present, bit disappointed to be honest.
  • Saphirus
    Saphirus Member Posts: 3 New User
    Yeah im also noticing it when playing PUBG, half the darker pixels go blue, brighter ones go yellow, and anything exactly in the middle goes a purple or red.
    Only noticed this on another monitor in a program where it purposely makes these colours happen, not too sure whether its the monitor or the computer as after turning off and on the monitor it is still happening and only after a full power off (unplugging cable) does it fix it, yet again even more disappointed considering my original opinion on the monitor and the price tag, not too sure if i will be buying from Acer again after this.
  • f8
    f8 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have this issue with a brand new monitor, half left screen make blue lines over dark grey colors. For a moment it was fixed but now it come back again, I believe when I move the position of it. Does anyone knows if it is a hardware or software problem? I lost the receipt and the shop do not wanna take it back so I need a solution for this.
  • Mitch689
    Mitch689 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Hello everyone, my experience with that ***** monitor is the same; I bought that like six months ago, with the eye tracker and at the first day I got this problems... But was my really first nice monitor after a while, and after reading around that the "blue pixels" will goes away after plug in/off the energy cable I almost forgot that problems, because fortunally on OW i never have that and in the last months I just play it. 

Now I'm playing many differents games and the problems is coming back and I can play and use the monitor only with the HDMI cable, the problems is not just at 144hz but with the dysplay port calbe in general and the G-Sync. 

Acer seems to ignore this huge problem, I call the support and they will just "repair" that, but as I read here, giving the (brand new) monitor to the assistance will not solve the problems. 

I think that I can speak for evryone in saying that your service is a ***** and you should replace your ***** monitors with something that actually works, because I think that all of us here, bouth that things for playing at the top of quality (144hz, G-Sync).

I don't want my monitor in the repairing things because I have that problems since the first day, I want a replacemente with something that really worth the money that all of us spend. 
  • aquAR1u5
    aquAR1u5 Member Posts: 1 New User
    HI guys.I already fixed the issue,just go updade driver version 2017,driver version 2016 still have problem,but acer official website didn't had driver version 2017,maybe you can contact customer service and get the driver,sorry my English isn't very good,hope it helps you.
  • Kradziej
    Kradziej Member Posts: 1 New User
    Is this issue fixed with firmware update already? I don't know if I should send my monitor for repairs now or wait more. Can anyone from acer support confirm this?

• JotaPedro72
    JotaPedro72 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Did anyone found a solution?
This discussion has been closed.