XB321HK Random blinking

brighttail
brighttail Member Posts: 39 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Greetings all,

I have just gotten this monitor within the last 40 or so days and started noticing these little flashing artifacts across the screen that last maybe a second.  Looking at some of the videos, what I have seen in them is pretty much what I'm experiencing.  They happen in no particular part of the screen and are seemingly random.   They can happen in a game, in an application or just browsing.  About the only time I haven't seen it happen is if my computer is simply at the desktop and no activity is going.

This is the second XB321HK that I have had as when I originally bought my first one, I noticed the same thing happening and ended up taking the monitor back to the store for an exchange.  All was going well until about a week ago when this monitor started doing the same.

My monitor is listed as Feb 2016 and I'm running a GTX 1080ti with Windows 10 Pro OS.

From what I have read, Acer has stated they know what the issue is and it needs to be RMA'd but hasn't given any other information other than that.  Considering the expense it will be to send back a monitor this size back to Acer, I'm wondering has anyone actually sent their's back for RMA and have received the repaired monitor that fixed the issue?  I ask this because this is my second top end Acer monitor (the first being the x34) and that one needed an RMA as well.  The issue was supposedly fixed but it really wasn't.  Frankly the cost and the hassel to send it back again simply wasn't worth it a second time, considering the issue I had only seemed to affect when I first turned on the monitor and 'went away' after a few seconds.  This artifcating issue is something similar.  99.95% of the time there is no issue and the monitor works fine and it is more of an annoyance than anything.  That being said, and what I am worried about is that is this an issue that will get worse over time?

Simply put RMA'ing is a royal pain, especially in Canada where sending something like this monitor back is easily a $150-200 expense for an already very expensive monitor.  So here are the questions I have for this community and for Acer:

1. Acer, what exactly is the problem that is causing this?  Is it a firmware upgrade or is there a part inside the monitor that needs replacing/repairing?

2. Has anyone RMA'd the monitor with this issue, received it back fully fixed of this issue?

3. If I do send in the monitor and it is returned back to me "repaired" but it continues to be an issue, will Acer pay for my shipping back a second time?

4. Is this issue something that if left alone, will continue to degrade or get worse over time?

I do appreciate everyone's time and look foreward to a response.