XB271HU Basic Troubleshouting

Thorgoth
Thorgoth Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello all..

I recently (01-06-2017) bought an Acer Predator XB271HU monitor..

It is superb colours and all...games are amazing aswell...

Tho i noticed some things that i do not know if they are " normal " or not since i never had a 2K resolution monitor or a 120-165HZ monitor aswell....

1.Screen is FLICKERING like 80% of the time...either when watcing a movie - have to say at this point that the flickering on the movies-videos etc stops IF the movie is paused..and it continues again when i hit the play button...

2.Sceen is ALSO flickering while playing games...W.o.W.  - Heroes of the storm - Diablo (blizzard fan here) ESPECIALY on the loading screens where there is just a static picture/wallpaper for display..

Now i am not SURE if this is how it IS supposed to be for a High Frequency monitor..like i said i never owned anything else except the " standart"  60Hz monitors , but this  behaviour realy troubles me...i payed alot of money for that monitor and i DO expect to work flawlessly....

p.s

using a Nvidia GTX 770 and displayport cable

UPDATE

after connecting a HDMI cable the flickering is gone tho i can only use 1920X1080 @ 60 FPS
so i guess i have to try with another DP cable.....is there any change my DP port is defect?

Answers

• Thorgoth
    Thorgoth Member Posts: 2 New User

Update 2

Bought a High end DP cable worth of 20 euros with goldplated contacts etc...

the problem still remains...either in games or in movies..

can it be the DP of the monitor has a problem?

• Nokturnal
    Nokturnal Member Posts: 37 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

I never had that issue. I would return it. try turning gsync off and see if still does it.